“outstanding...thank you very much!!!”
Review of Drom Caoin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmullet
Drom Caoin
Ranked #2 of 9 Belmullet B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 21, 2009

the only other establishment that i have ever given 5 ticks in service for was the little nell in aspen, colorado. drom caoin now holds this distinction!
our host, mairin, paid special, personal attention to an issue that we were having...completely unfamiliar to us as service like this does not exist in the US. a great experience, all around. some great suggestions, great food and comfortable accommodations. the sense of personal investment that this establishment takes in its guests speaks of true service. thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed May 19, 2009

I had a stay here for one night and it worked really well for me. I visited Belmullet and Carne Golf Links on an extended golf holiday. My stay was great and breakfast was superb.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I was in Ireland to play golf with my son Robin at Carne Golf Links. He had stayed at Drom Caoin before and said it was a good place to be. He was telling porkies. It was a fantastic place to stay. Gerry and Mairin were simply unbelievable hosts. They could not have done more to make me feel wanted and at home. Gerry's breakfasts would put the Ritz to shame. Whilst there I got into serious trouble when my back went into spasm. Not good news when you are so far from home. I should not have worried. In no time at all Mairin appeared with pain killing muscle sprays and analgesics. Big log fires were lit to relax by and I was forced to drink several glasses of my favourite wine! BUPA eat your heart out. If I ever return this lovely part of Ireland there is only one place I want to stay.

Richard
Scotland

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We only spent one night here whilst visiting relatives, but everything was great. The hospitality, the room and a lovely breakfast. we would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2009

This was a great B&B. It was clean with lots of privacy and room. The bed was amazing. There is great dining within walking distance and the breakfast was spectacular. We spent a few days hiking in this region and this was a relaxing place to recoup.The hosts were very gracious and lots of fun as well. I would recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 28, 2008

If you come to Bemullet to play the Carne Golf Course, this is where you want to stay. The host and hostess are delightful, each in his/her own way. Try to engage the husband about his work as an educator, teaching the Irish language. Rooms are comfortable and breakfast table is communal, which is fun. Lovely sitting room for guests with cozy fireplace, lots of windows, and a peep at the sea. Have dinner at the local hotel; you will be pleasantly surprised at how good the food is, and watching Belmullet citizens interacting in their hotel (this is a local spot) is interesting. If the weather suits, great hikes are readily available with gasp-worthy views. If it rains, find a good book and curl up in the sitting room.

Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2008

My wife and I spent several wonderful days in Belmullet in mid-July. The Belmullet Peninsula and Black Sod Bay are hidden jewels of Ireland. We were bowled over by the wonderful hospitality provided by Jerry and Mairin. Jerry greeted us with tea and biscuits. We were able to have access to the internet for research and to check email. The breakfast was the best we've had anywhere in Ireland, and we've been all over. The cappucino made to order was perfect. We received good directions to all kinds of locations and attractions we were seeking, and detailed Ordinance Survery maps were provided for our daily use. AND, we were treated like family (including meeting some of the family). The atmosphere, hospitality and friendly service were absolutely splendid! We would go back in a heartbeat (and probably will again in the future!). By the way, don't miss Annagh's Head, one of the most beautiful seascapes in the world.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)