“Communion Party - great food and kids entertained”
Review of Gateway Leisure

Gateway Leisure
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Belmullet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gateway Leisure represents family entertainment, delicious food and fun for all. We cater for everyone with our Parklanes Bar and Restaurant, Kid Island Play Frame, Competition-level Ten Pin Bowling Alley, Mini Golf, Pool, Snooker, Arcade Games. During the Summer, we offer a full A la Carte menu every day from 12.00, with daily specials to tempt you. Our friendly staff will look after you and make sure you enjoy a great day out. We cater for parties for any occasion and have a function room available for hire with a spectacular view from the terraces.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Communion Party consisting of 18 adults and 14 children ranging in age from 2 to 80, the adults choose from the a la carte menu, service was top class, food was lovely and most importantly the children were happy.

When the children had eaten their food the waitress took them to kids island while the adults had their main course. They came back for ice cream and then went bowling.

Could not recommend it enough, good food at a reasonable price and lovely staff!

We have been here before at a few birthday parties with the children, but having a communion party here surpassed all our expectations!

Well done to management and staff, they certainly know how to run a good show!

2  Thank Tobyeile

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Would recommend to anyone. Great food, excellent value, nice atmosphere, friendly staff. Will be going again!!!

1  Thank Damof89
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had a meal recently with friends and found the food delicious , and a great selection on the menu staff are very friendly and helpfulj . I would recommend any anyone to eat here .

2  Thank unhappycampe6789r
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Having toured North Mayo for the day on Sat,Jan,12th, my brother-in-law & myself were looking forward to a meal & decided to try the Gateway. From the moment we arrived everything looked promising. The bar & dining area is warm & comfortable even if a little devoid of any character. The staff were very friendly and pleasant. Having got our drinks promptly we were ready to order from our very pleasant waitress. My colleague,Joe BEAG ordered cod while I went for the spicy chicken. Both meals arrived quickly - too quickly. Joe was very pleased with his selection. Mine was a disaster. The chicken was dry,tough as old boots & obviously reheated. The accompanying noodles were also reheated & stuck together like they had been sitting around for a while. Because I was hungry I ate everything but I did bring my displeasure to the attention of the waitress. I also asked her to tell the chef. Because I liked the place,I will go back there again but I will have something other than the spiced chicken with noodles. What a pity.

9  Thank silverfox711
Reviewed December 7, 2012

If there could be a rating better than excellent it is well deserved for the fantastic meal and service our group experienced last night in the Gateway.
We had some special requests for the evening and all were supplied with enthusiasm and co-operation. The dinner setting, the food, the service and attention to all our needs was A1+.
From our experience, if you need to organise a function with a difference the Gateway will pull out all the stops for you. I can recommend the Gateway with confidence.

2  Thank DromCaoin