“Seafood to die for”

Talbots Seafood Bar
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Belmullet
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Seafood, European, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Seafood to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

I dined here just 2 days ago with my partner. It was simply SUBLIME. We had driven over 2 hours past The Ceide Fields etc & were STARVING. We were not disappointed, as we are both seafood lovers. My cold plate of fish & shellfish included: crab claws, salmon, smoked salmon, smoked mackarel, brown bread, marie rose sauce, prawns and salad. My partner had John Dory with scalloped potatoes friend in bacon + fresh veg. My pint of Guinness was 100 per cent spot on. I arrived tired & "crabby" & I left refreshed, happy & ready to hit the road for another sight seeing trip around the wild & remote & beautuful County Mayo (the last parish before America!)

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank droileen

“Excellent fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

We had an evening meal in an Chéibh and enjoyed it greatly. The pub itself is nicely decorated and the staff were spot on. Seafood as you would expect was fresh from the sea and well cooked and presented. Definately a spot we would return to.

2 Thank HarveyIreland
Longford, Ireland
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

I am very surprised to read the previous reviews. Having just returned from a few days away I decided to review An Ceibh as we thought it a lovely place. We ate there twice - once for lunch and once for dinner. On both occasions we were impressed by the quality of food and service as well as general atmosphere. We went for the chowder and seafood platter (both excellent) as well as a wonderful goats cheese starter. We also had superb sandwiches and the Guiness isnt bad either!!

1 Thank evemonn
Ireland
“Nothing special about An Chéibh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

I was in Belmullet yesterday with two family members and, coming up to 6pm, we were looking for somewhere to eat. I suggested an Cheibh as a place to eat. It was fine - the food was ok but nothing special, but the staff don't seem to care.
At 6pm on a Bank Holiday Friday, the rack of lamb was finished. No sauces were left on the table. Overall, the service was very impersonal. And expensive enough for what you are getting - it was pubgrub after all. I would not rush back there.
I thought their description of themselves very unusual - "award winning seafood bar and nightclub".

Dublin
“This was disappointing and annoying”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Took a relative here for a special dinner. I had been there with my wife and daughter the previous evening. we got the bill for food but had to ask the waitress for our drinks bill which she had forgotten. The following day we took a relative there for a celebratory meal, his main course was very overcooked and burnt. I really regret not having known earlier but it had been almost finished when I found out. On clearing the table I suggested quietly to the waitress that it should be mentioned to chef, no reaction from her but vanished and never returned to the table. It was a struggle to get desserts and the bill. I would suggest to the owner, who also forgot our bill! to stop table hopping with locals, give your staff their individual stations, show them how to carry and deal with a complaint. As the host I am still angry and annoyed by this.

3 Thank Albarin0