“I guess she didn't like the cut of our gib!”

Leim Siar Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Belmullet B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is a very good, clean, functional b and b in a very remote part of Mayo, Blacksod Bay. The room was clean and suited us three perfectly. The hospitality was a bit strange; I think the hostess was under a bit of pressure and although she welcomed us and made us a pot of tea, her behaviour was a bit odd. As all the other reviewers seem to find her great I will have to assume she was not firing on all cylinders - maybe it was a bad day. Breakfast made up for it; freshly cooked and very generous it was delicious; we were inundated with offers of extra everything. I would very much recommend this B and B but if you are wearing fake tan, don't admit to it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank hallspic
There are newer reviews for Leim Siar Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed at this B&B recently. I have to say I cannot agree with other review as we certainly did not get a warm welcome - quite the opposite. Maybe we got Hannah on a bad day. Didnt get to meet Gerry. Room was nice and clean but cold. Shower really not great. Very small TV in room which was obviosly linked to family TV as we had to watch whatever the family was watching. However on a good note breakfast was really good and while we didnt get a great welcome we got a very friendly send off - go figure!! I wont be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank gubnait
Reviewed June 10, 2012

During multiple travels through Ireland, my wife and I have stayed in a lot of different B&Bs, but Leim Siar was a very special experience. The standard of the house (rooms, breakfast etc.) is definitely high and leaves nothing to be desired. On top of that, Hannah is an exceptional host and gave us a great welcome. During our stay of two nights, we had a great time chatting with her, learning so much about local history, the most beautiful spots in the area and other things. She even invited us for dinner one night. After two nights, we felt we had already become friends and it was a pity that we had to leave again. Hannah is very open minded and I'm sure she'll give you a welcome as warm as the one we got. I highly recommend the place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Franz B
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I wish I had had more time to spend here. Great hospiitalty and beautiful and interesting environs. Hannah went out of her way to help us arrange the booking and golf at Carne. She was in the USA when I inquired about staying at Leim Siar, but promptly was in touch with me. The minute I walked into the B & B, I knew we had made a good choice. She was knowledgeable about the area and provided us with a special breakfast along with an irish language tutorial. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephen O
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Hannah went out of her way to make our brief stay in Blacksod memorable and satisfying. Her B&B is a great place to relax after a day on the links at Carne, and her hospitality is exemplary.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim O
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Hannah runs a spot on B & B in one of the most beautiful and remote places in Ireland. We were there to play Carne Golf links, but also took in some of the historic sites - lighthouse, monoliths and napoleonic ruins. Breakfast excellent and nice rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dbarrett21
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I arrived late Friday night to a warm welcome of tea and scones. I was there for the Blacksod point challenge triathlon and Hanah got up at the crack of dawn to make sure all the triatheletes got breakfast and catered for everyone after the race out of the good of her heart. The place is a cerdit to her and Gerry. Her cooking is great and I'll be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family