“Bay Watch Great Location, Great Parking, Great Service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Baywatch Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #74 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Bay Watch Great Location, Great Parking, Great Service”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Bay Watch B&B is in a great location right off the main strip where you go shopping & you could unload your shopping bags right into your car or back in your room. The owners were great Veronica & Tom knew every one & every place in town & you could call them & get directions to places. Veronica was a total social butterfly and knew what was going on, where things were going on & what time things were going on. She was most helpful & I stayed an extra night there since I was having such a good time there. Tom cooked a great Irish Breakfeast that started off with piping hot porridge,I was not hungry again till dinner. Tom was a great to chat with over breakfeast, Tom is a very interesting guy. Bay Watch is an authentic West coast of Ireland B&B full of the charm of rural Ireland, A far cry from the lack of Irishness that one finds in the Dublin Hotels

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank MicFitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed in Old Mill House, 10 years ago we enjoyed our experience so much
i returned with my parents, sister, brother in law, and wife.
we made Dingle our focal point and travelled to near by towns to visit
i wanted to share with my parents the true Irish Hospitality of Tom and Veronica
The showers were awasome. breakfast excellent, my wife loved the pancakes,
I can understand why they changed the name to Avalon as there has been some confusion
With other BNBs in the town there is MIll Town House, Mill Stream, Mall House.
We love Dingle and Avalon- Old Mill House, we never forgot the cosy friendly ,hospitaliy.
. veroncia and tom we are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank newyorkpadd
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My wife and our two daughters stayed with Tom and Veronica for several nights this last summer. We had a fabulous time!!! Truly fabulous. First: The rooms were fine...we had stayed in nicer places but we also stayed in worse. They weren't priced to be the Ritz and we felt it was a good value (especially with a 13 and 11 year old).

Veronica went so far beyond that I almost can't explain it. We had the opportunity to go out with her and her daughter to the Blaskett Islands. She took care of everything, provided some discounted tickets and went out with us with her daughter. We had such a ball...picnic on the beach...hike around...took the eco tour. All were truly highlights of our trip to Ireland.

The breakfast was great (full Irish) and the location was great. We weren't expecting (or paying for) alot of luxury. We were very satisfied and feel like we found friends we'll stay with again. Wonderful family and experience for our daughters!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank hornedfrogbbq
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We have traveled to Dingle on several occassions and have had the opportunity to get to know Tom and Veronica a bit as we have stayed at four of their properties now. Baywatch is close to everything in Dingle and you could not ask for better hosts. They are always kind, friendly and the "craic" is great! Our first night we were put in the family room as all the other rooms were booked. If you only want a good night sleep, this is the room for you. Very quiet and there is a room darkening shade on the skylight. Not much of a view and no posh decorations but comfortable enough and quiet. However if you want a view of the bay or a bit more luxurious room, ask for one of the other rooms as they have nice windows and some offer a bit of a view of the bay. We stayed in a double on the first floor our second night that was quite nice and had two large windows. The property is clean and comfortable and the breakfast is just enough and made fresh by Tom each morning. Tom and Veronica are very kind and friendly people and make the visit enjoyable each time we are there. They make one feel part of the family.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
cork,ireland
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stayed the August bank holiday weekend for one night. Thankfully we only booked one night. We booked the family room and it is nothing like in the pictures. Small with low ceiling in a converted attic. No tea or coffee making facilities which you come to expect at better quality Irish B&B's. Overpriced ( €125 ) for the one night. Locals told me It should be €80 to €90. I thought it was pricey but as it was the bank holiday I thought I was lucky to get a room. As it was there were several B&B's with vacancies advertised in town.The tourist business is way down in Dingle and with people charging inflated prices to make a quick buck it is not surprising. I like going to Dingle but I doubt if I would stay there again. I don't like being ripped off.It is nothing like the website. I don't know why it is called Bay watch. You cannot see the sea from this place and we had the highest room in the house. I will never go back there. I cannot understand why this place has excellent reviews.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank mossie1158

Travelers are raving about these Dingle hotels

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The b&b was located right in Dingle town, which was convenient since we did not have a car and took the bus to get there. The host was very friendly and gave us some good advice on where to eat lunch. His breakfast was very good also! Much better than staying at a hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We hadn't pre-booked for our Irish travels and just called in at Bay Watch to see if they had a vacancy. I can't understand all the negative reviews, as we just loved it. Unfortunately time was tight, so we only had one night there. The hosts were amazing, very friendly and chatty and our room was excellent with a nice outlook. The location was great. This place was excellent value for being so close to the water. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple