“Won't be going again!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lord Baker's

Lord Baker's
Ranked #19 of 79 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kerry
“Won't be going again!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was here on a Saturday night in early November. I was part of a group of twenty and we were having the early bird menu. The early bird menu is in one word awful. Firstly the choice of starters for example Tomato and Onion Salad, I have never in my life seen such an awful starter choice would a caesar salad be abit more appropriate. The rest of the starters melon (havent seen that on a menu since been a child), soup & mackeral salad had alot to be desired.
The main courses had more choice and my main course of minute steak was nice and the vegetables were aswell. Then the dessert choice of Apple Crumble or Ice Cream again were very basic and really doing it on the cheap. I had the Apple Crumble which was awful not cooked properly and starchy.
We got a bottle of wine which was the cheapest on the menu at €26 which I thought was really overpriced.
To be honest if I was in Dingle again I wouldnt be eating here it doesnt have the wow factor and thank god it was an early bird menu that we had as if I had ordered off the al carte I would be really dissapointed as that was well over priced.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Hong Kong, China
“It might be the oldest pub in Dingle but not worth a visit if you want good food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was really looking forward to this oldest pub in Dingle but was sorely disappointed. Pub food has come a long way in recent years but not at Lord Baker's. All the traditional things were on the menu but other than the fish n' chips, nothing very good. Forget about finding anything that was even remotely healthy. Your choice of anything alcoholic is basically beer or whiskey - the wines on offer were dreadful.

We were in the back of the restaurant - cheap tables, bad lighting and I personally don't enjoy looking at a mop standing in a bucket near the table. The waitress was very nice but I felt the restaurant short-staffed... think there is more interest in pulling beers than serving food.

By the time we left the live music had commenced and the front of the restaurant was full (by the way, this part of the restaurant is attractive). My guess is that people come here for the beer and music - they certainly don't come for the food. Give it a miss - you can find other places with good music AND good food.

The wine list almost non-existent.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christine H
Cork, Ireland
“Hen Party Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

As I'm not a huge fan of fish, I wasn't very excited when I heard that the hen night was starting in a Seafood restaurant. The most I would normally stretch to fish cakes or poached salmon and so i wasn't sure what to order. Taking a chance on the smoked mackerel starter and mussels main, I was not disappointed! The mackerel was amazing, and has become my new fave starter that I now look for in seafood restaurants that I've started visiting. The mussels came out breaded and in a bowl of melted garlic butter. Once I'd finished off the mussels and had the shells put aside, I was able to spoon my side of mashed potatoes into the garlic butter.....absolute heaven....I couldn't tell you what the dessert was to be honest, I was too busy praising the fish, which is a baffling thing to admit to as I am def a dessert over a starter kinda girl! 2 thumbs up from me.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
St. John's, Canada
“Best meal of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lord Baker's was the best restaurant we visited the whole time we were in Ireland! I absolutely loved my meal, rack of lamb, and the service was fantastic!! If you order the steak you will get a HUGE piece of meat! The desserts are amazing too, as was the wine! :) Will definitely revisit this one next time we are in Dingle!

Visited October 2012
Topsfield, MA
“A gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by our inn keeper - it was wonderful. We arrived well before dinner time and we were the only ones in the place. He had a wonderful time chatting with the bartender - many great stories. The place filled quickly, yet we still enjoyed one of the best meals that we had in Ireland with incredibly personal service. If you are in Dingle, you MUST go here.

Visited October 2012