“Margaret . "The warmth of true Irish hospitality"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #45 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Margaret . "The warmth of true Irish hospitality"”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first trip back to Ireland in over 20 years. and my partner's first ever. I wanted to show him the real Ireland, and the warmth of Irish hospitality. We found it all at Jill Liston's home in Dingle. She could not have done more for us, so very kind and considerate. She shared her wealth of local knowledge as we arrived, and there was a delightful welcome letter from her West Highland Terrier Benji to make us feel one of the family. The room was perfect, spotlessly clean, with such beautiful linen. An excellent breakfast was a joy at the start of the day, in such peaceful surroundings. Nowhere else in Ireland matched the welcome we received. I would recommend Jill's home to anyone. We will be back , and will stay longer next time, to see more of the beautiful Dingle Peninsular-and Benji and Jill.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Magnz
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your very thoughtful review recently. I remember you both very much and I'm delighted that I was able to be of help to make your visit more memorable for you. I appreciate your lovely review and I hope to see you again in the future. I get to meet such wonderful people, and it's why I look forward to the summer season each year. Roll on 2013!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Graz, Austria
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My parents and I stayed here just recently in September for about a week. At first I was a bit disappointed cause the B&B seemed to be a bit far out of town. But walking that distance once I realised it was really super short and the silence a bit out of town is extremely enjoyable. It is wonderfully quiet and the view out of the window is priceless! You can enjoy Ireland fully while brushing your teeth :) Jill is more than just a host. She is warm and welcoming and really contributed to our wonderful stay. She knows everyone and everything when it comes to where to go or where to eat. We all felt at home in no time. Staying here helped us all to fall in love with Dingle. The rooms where great and needless to say Benji is a doll! Thank you so much Jill for opening your home to us! It was so wonderful to meet you and Benji (and the baby cat). We will definitely come back if we get the chance!

PS.: Thank you for killing that hairy monster spider :D

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KathieRejc
It was such a pleasure to have all three of you for the week. It was just like having my own family home for a while. You were such wonderful people and it was a pleasure to have you come and stay in my home. I do hope to see you all again in the future. Lets hope it's not 'spider' mating time!!!
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Highly recommended. Jill is incredibly kind and helpful, and we were made to feel completely at home in our two night stay. She is highly knowledgeable on local restaurants and on where to go to hear a good musical seisun, so we did not put a foot wrong in choosing where to spend our evenings. Her knowledge and information on what to see on Slea Head was equally accurate and relevant to our plans.

The bedroom was well appointed, and the bed was easily the most comfortable guest house bed I have slept in. The breakfast likewise was generous and promptly served. We do not get much holiday, and Jill made our trip to Dingle a happy and memorable trip. Highly recommended.

Harry and Sarah

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Harry W
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments. It is such a pleasure to reply to two of the most considerate people in the world. I was going out to dinner the night these lovely people arrived and they went out of their way to arrive early and to make sure I enjoyed MY night out. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here, AND on the Dingle Peninsula. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit to Musaem Chorca Dhuibhne in Ballyferriter. It's such a wonderful treasure on the Peninsula.
Morton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We started our trip from here, after landing at shannon airport, Jill even offered us early check-in if required. From the moment we met, she was very accommodating and the layout of the home suited us perfectly as we were travelling with 4 children, Breakfast was great and plenty of it, along with plenty of choices for our fussy kids. It is a 2 minute drive into the city, but far enough away from the noise of traffic.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B to anybody. Jill is wonderful woman and that showed through during our 2 days there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tony L
From the very first e-mail to make this reservation it was lovely to correspond with such lovely people and I felt I knew them even before they arrived. It's not often I have triplets + ! in the house but they were such lovely children it was a pleasure to have this family in my home. Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I appreciate them very much. I hope that family wedding went well later that week!
United States
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I now can say I have a friend in Ireland. Jill is warm and friendly, her home very nice and relaxing. A perfect 10 minute walk into town. Her breakfast was grand. Thank you Jill for a lovely stay in Dingle. Jodi

Room Tip: All her rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jodi M
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and going to all that trouble on my behalf. I hope your 10th Wedding anniversary was special spending it in Ireland and Dingle in particular! I knew from your first e-mail that we were going to remain friends and this is exactly what has happened. I get to meet all these lovely people there are in the world so I just love my job and all the hard work is worth it knowing guests leave here happy with their stay.
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Jill's B&B. She is very kind and welcoming. Right away, we felt comfortable and at home. We enjoyed hearing about her children and meeting Bengie, the dog. Jill knows a lot about the area and I wished we would have met her first before having drove the Slea Head as we could have had more information. Her home is very bright and cheerful. This is the sort of home I would enjoy living in, with the bright, warm sunroom and a great view in the back and out the bedroom window. While we were there, I thought how lucky Jill is is to live in a beautiful place. Thank you Jill for your hospitality!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MirajK
What lovely comments from two young American guests. Your parents can be so proud of you both. I do appreciate living in such a safe and beautiful area here in Dingle. I don't take for granted the views from my conservatory which is even more beautiful watching the rain coming down and looking out at it from the inside!!! Bengie my Westie dog at 14 years old is doing well so far. He still welcomes all guests and softens the hearts of even the most nervous guest. I wish you both every success in your young lives going into the future.
Kinsale
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I'm just back from a two night stay at The Liston Family B&B and I just hated leaving there. Jill Liston is an amazing hostess, the house is spotless, the breakfast was so tasty and the fact that it is located one mile out of the town can only be seen as an advantage as the silence at night is heavenly. I would highly recommend this B&B and will definitely be making a return visit as soon as possible. Dingle is a lovely town and Jill was full of information on all aspects of the local area. I can't imagine anyone not being happy with this B&B, once you meet Jill then you know your stay is going to be perfect.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BoxerKinsale
I appreciate so much you taking the time to write such lovely comments about my home and the fact that I was able to be of help to you both while here. Even though it was last February when you stayed here I still remember you both with kindness. As both of you were walkers there was lots to see while visiting the Peninsula as so many places were closed at that time of the year. The Dingle walking club meet every Sunday and guests can join in at any time. In fact I was thinking about you last week-end when the Marathon was on here in Dingle on Saturday 1st Sept and wondered if you might do it some time!!!! It's a great week-end here in Dingle.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dingle
Dingle Benners Hotel
Brownes Bed & Breakfast Dingle
The Lighthouse B & B
The Lighthouse B & B
#7 of 75 in Dingle

Been to The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!