“Beautiful home and wonderful hostess!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #42 of 76 Dingle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Jill's B&B. She is very kind and welcoming. Right away, we felt comfortable and at home. We enjoyed hearing about her children and meeting Bengie, the dog. Jill knows a lot about the area and I wished we would have met her first before having drove the Slea Head as we could have had more information. Her home is very bright and cheerful. This is the sort of home I would enjoy living in, with the bright, warm sunroom and a great view in the back and out the bedroom window. While we were there, I thought how lucky Jill is is to live in a beautiful place. Thank you Jill for your hospitality!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MirajK
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

What lovely comments from two young American guests. Your parents can be so proud of you both. I do appreciate living in such a safe and beautiful area here in Dingle. I don't take for granted the views from my conservatory which is even more beautiful watching the rain coming down and looking out at it from the inside!!! Bengie my Westie dog at 14 years old is doing well so far. He still welcomes all guests and softens the hearts of even the most nervous guest. I wish you both every success in your young lives going into the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I'm just back from a two night stay at The Liston Family B&B and I just hated leaving there. Jill Liston is an amazing hostess, the house is spotless, the breakfast was so tasty and the fact that it is located one mile out of the town can only be seen as an advantage as the silence at night is heavenly. I would highly recommend this B&B and will definitely be making a return visit as soon as possible. Dingle is a lovely town and Jill was full of information on all aspects of the local area. I can't imagine anyone not being happy with this B&B, once you meet Jill then you know your stay is going to be perfect.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BoxerKinsale

I appreciate so much you taking the time to write such lovely comments about my home and the fact that I was able to be of help to you both while here. Even though it was last February when you stayed here I still remember you both with kindness. As both of you were walkers there was lots to see while visiting the Peninsula as so many places were closed at that time of the year. The Dingle walking club meet every Sunday and guests can join in at any time. In fact I was thinking about you last week-end when the Marathon was on here in Dingle on Saturday 1st Sept and wondered if you might do it some time!!!! It's a great week-end here in Dingle.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Staying at Jill's B&B made Dingle that much better. She's terrific and was the most friendly and welcoming host on our entire trip. We enjoyed the time she took to chat and make us feel very welcome. She was also very accommodating by accepting the delivery of a piece of luggage that was lost by the airline company. The food was great and the house was warm! Most places were a little on the chilly side (October trip) but her place was a nice home away from home. We only wish we could have stayed longer. We highly recommend her B&B!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim F
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you both so much for your lovely comments. It was lovely to read here, and telling me before you left, that you found my home lovely and warm and were delighted with your stay. It makes all the hard work worth while!! October can be chilly and when your staying in a strange place it can be difficult to adjust. I hope you both enjoyed your trip around the Dingle Peninsula. Electric blankets are now on all beds for the winter months. I hope to see you both again sometime.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Jill is a wonderful host. Full of information about Dingle and surrounding area. Our room was like being home and the bed was very comfortable, cozy and warm. Since it was raining. Breakfast was fabulous and we enjoyed the sun room, and the sun in the morning. Being a dog lover I fell in love. Top notch Bed and breakfast and close to everything.

Room Tip: Upstairs is great with a view out the back.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda F

Thank you so much for your lovely comments Linda. I was happy to be of help to you both. It's a small world! Bengie the dog enjoys the company during the summer months and guests usually fall in love with him straight away. I'm happy you found my home cosy and warm. I do try my best to give 100% attention to everyone who stays. I hope you have happy memories of Dingle and the Dingle Peninsula.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

You need to see this bed and breakfast in Dingle, ran by Jill Liston. The beds are great and the breakfast on the garden patio is terrific. Thanks Jill for a wonderful nites stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Carole, so lovely to have you both stay here. It's the first time for me to have a namesake come and stay here. What fun we all had during your stay. Thank you so much for your lovely comments and I hope you enjoyed your short stay on the Dingle Peninsula even though the weather was unkind at the time. I'm glad you enjoyed my beds and all mattresses and pillows have 'anti allergy' protectors on them for the safety of Asthma and other allergy sufferers who might like to come and stay here.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Lovely B&B just a minute's drive or short walk from Dingle. Jill was warm and welcoming, accommodating our Vegetarian needs and happy to chat or recommend a local restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2011
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2011

Hi Étienne from the room upstairs!!!? I hope you are settling into Collage life in England and not missing home too much. It was so lovely having you and your Mum come and stay here recently. You are such a credit to your parents. I get to meet all the nicest people in my line of business and I'm going to miss everyone during the winter months ahead. I should have put out my 'visitors book' but I forgot this year. It is such a joy to read what people go to such trouble to write each year. Have a great time in College and remember, Computer Labs on Friday mornings???? lol!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

The Liston Family B&B was a perfect spot to stay to enjoy time in the stunning Dingle region. The property is extremely home-like, comfortable, clean, inviting. Our room was very large and bright with a comfortable bed and just the right touches.

Jill is a great hostess - she was very helpful but not obtrusive or pushy in any way. For those who do not consider themselves "B&B people" the warmth and welcome from the Liston B&B might change your mind.

Just a ways outside of Dingle town, the home easy to find and quite convenient. The walk into the heart of Dingle town was just about 20 minutes. We made this walk in crazy windy, blustery and rainy weather and very late at night and felt safe and comfortable. Should one choose to drive, the trip to town is just a couple of minutes and there is lots of parking available.

Unfortunately our stay in Dingle was far too short - I am already looking forward to returning. I have been to many areas of Ireland and can say without a doubt that the Dingle area is the most beautiful with the most friendly people.

Our travel plans required a very, very early morning departure which meant we missed breakfast on the last day of our stay. Jill was so very thoughtful she left us fruit and bottles of water to take with us. This lady and this place go beyond expectations.

Many, many thanks! Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you both so much for your lovely comments. It was a pleasure having you both stay and I look forward to meeting you both again some day. I hope you got to play with some of our local musicians during your time here at the "Trad Fest" . AND, by the way, you win a medal for "The worlds quietest departure at 5a.m. as absolutely no one, including myself heard you going!! I consider myself to have the best job... very hard work; but I get to meet the nicest people ALL the time.