“What a wonderful bed and breakfast.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #45 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 12, 2011

You need to see this bed and breakfast in Dingle, ran by Jill Liston. The beds are great and the breakfast on the garden patio is terrific. Thanks Jill for a wonderful nites stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Carole, so lovely to have you both stay here. It's the first time for me to have a namesake come and stay here. What fun we all had during your stay. Thank you so much for your lovely comments and I hope you enjoyed your short stay on the Dingle Peninsula even though the weather was unkind at the time. I'm glad you enjoyed my beds and all mattresses and pillows have 'anti allergy' protectors on them for the safety of Asthma and other allergy sufferers who might like to come and stay here.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Lovely B&B just a minute's drive or short walk from Dingle. Jill was warm and welcoming, accommodating our Vegetarian needs and happy to chat or recommend a local restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2011
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2011

Hi Étienne from the room upstairs!!!? I hope you are settling into Collage life in England and not missing home too much. It was so lovely having you and your Mum come and stay here recently. You are such a credit to your parents. I get to meet all the nicest people in my line of business and I'm going to miss everyone during the winter months ahead. I should have put out my 'visitors book' but I forgot this year. It is such a joy to read what people go to such trouble to write each year. Have a great time in College and remember, Computer Labs on Friday mornings???? lol!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

The Liston Family B&B was a perfect spot to stay to enjoy time in the stunning Dingle region. The property is extremely home-like, comfortable, clean, inviting. Our room was very large and bright with a comfortable bed and just the right touches.

Jill is a great hostess - she was very helpful but not obtrusive or pushy in any way. For those who do not consider themselves "B&B people" the warmth and welcome from the Liston B&B might change your mind.

Just a ways outside of Dingle town, the home easy to find and quite convenient. The walk into the heart of Dingle town was just about 20 minutes. We made this walk in crazy windy, blustery and rainy weather and very late at night and felt safe and comfortable. Should one choose to drive, the trip to town is just a couple of minutes and there is lots of parking available.

Unfortunately our stay in Dingle was far too short - I am already looking forward to returning. I have been to many areas of Ireland and can say without a doubt that the Dingle area is the most beautiful with the most friendly people.

Our travel plans required a very, very early morning departure which meant we missed breakfast on the last day of our stay. Jill was so very thoughtful she left us fruit and bottles of water to take with us. This lady and this place go beyond expectations.

Many, many thanks! Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you both so much for your lovely comments. It was a pleasure having you both stay and I look forward to meeting you both again some day. I hope you got to play with some of our local musicians during your time here at the "Trad Fest" . AND, by the way, you win a medal for "The worlds quietest departure at 5a.m. as absolutely no one, including myself heard you going!! I consider myself to have the best job... very hard work; but I get to meet the nicest people ALL the time.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Really excellent accomodation and service. Mrs Liston is an excellent host and her interest in our stay could not have been surpassed. Her knowledge of local history and her willingness to share it and her library of local sites of interest was a huge bonus. It made it so much easier to plan our excursions and enhanced our stay enormously. We strongly recommend it to anyone. John & Kay Lambert, Liverpool, UK.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

What a wonderful couple! You were so lucky with the weather during your three night stay here. Thank you so much for all the lovely things you said about me here. I'm getting a swelled head just reading your review!! lol! I do try to have lots of walking maps for my guests to borrow during their stay here as they are sometimes hard to find when you go looking for them. Also I want people to enjoy their stay on the Peninsula, and I am proud of what we have to offer here, and want to pass it on to everyone who comes here on holidays. I hope I will meet you both again if you decide to visit the Dingle Peninsula again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Everything about this Bed&Breakfast is lovely and the way any B&B should be. As well as being up to scratch with expected basics (cleanliness, friendly owner, etc) it is also very cosy and, in my opinion, just what a proper B&B should be.

The room was nice, with little cosy touches. Spacious bright bathroom. If you make it down for breakfast earlier than other guests, you'll get to be seated at the table out in the glass observatory, which is just magnificent - you have a full 3-sides view of the garden, it is also very cosy with a couch, and nice decorative touches.

The only down side is that you have to order your breakfast the night before, but a little quirk like that can go unnoticed. The owner is a friendly, very chatty lady who will tell you all about Gregory Peck to whom she is distantly related :) She was very nice and even offered us a lift into town when she thought we were leaving the car behind.

Overall - though this B&B is some way out of town and would not fit those without own transport, it is highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for highly recommending my home here on Trip Advisor. I do appreciate the trouble you went to writing such a glowing account! I do my very best to give 100% of my time to making sure everything is spotless and that all my guests enjoy their stay here. The beauty about being one mile from town is that all my guests can get a good nights sleep even at the height of the season, and with free off the road parking you can sleep sound knowing your car is safe also. I do offer to collect guests from the Bus stop in Dingle town, and return them when leaving if they tell me they are coming by public transport. I then recommend a private local bus trip around the Dingle Peninsula to take advantage of the wonderful sights we have to offer here on the Peninsula. FREE hight speed broadband is also available for all guests during their stay here. Yes you are right about the conservatory, most guests love to sit out there and view Mount Eagle on the right and the sea on the left. Mount Brandon can also be seen from the bathrooms up stairs.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

My wife and I are seasoned travelers in Ireland. We also lived in Sligo for a year. This year we returned to Ireland with a couple for our yearly holiday. My wife carefully chose B&Bs for this trip and among those she chose The Liston Family B&B for the location (near Dingle) and the value. The Liston house is located outside of the town in a very quiet and beautiful venue. But, it's close enough to town to get there easily. Our host, Jill, was very accommodating, friendly and a great cook. Our breakfast was delightful. Even for B&Bs it's rare that we feel this welcome. Jill is a terrific conversationalist and a wealth of knowledge about the area. Our traveling partners also remarked on how pleasant their stray was there. If we return, I will certainly stay at the Liston B&B again. I highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: great food, conversation and venue
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Even though it's been over a year since you all stayed here and my last response didn't appear here at the time, but I remember you like it was yesterday and look at your picture of the Ranga regularly and wonder how you are all doing? Thank you so much for going to the trouble to write such lovely things here. I smile at your comment about me: " is a terrific conversationalist" perhaps I forget to stop sometimes, but I want everyone to see what the Dingle Peninsula has to offer while they are here?? I do know when guests want to talk and when they don't, and respect that too. My 14 year old Westie dog is doing well. He had pneumonia in both lungs in March but with the VET'S help I got him through it. He also has arthritis so is very much slowing down..... a bit like myself I guess??

Reviewed August 12, 2011

The Simones had a great time in Dingle. Our room was lovely and breakfast in the glassed in gazebo was perfect. I happened to arrive with an gum infection and Jill found a walk in clinic and got me an appointment with her dentist. She saved our trip. A better host would not be found. Her knowledge of the area and sights leaves no stone unturned. I highly recommend the Liston Family B&/B.
Joan Simone

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jopatmerr

Joan, thank you so much for your wonderful comment about my humble home. I do appreciate it very much, and know the trouble you went to writing this comment. I wonder sometimes how people remember where they've stayed when they return home, and go to all this trouble on behalf of myself AND future guests that might decide to stay here, and write such lovely reviews?? I still wonder how your tooth is, and if you had to get it out? I was only too delighted to be able to help you out with a doctor and next day my dentist. Dingle is a small town so everyone is very accommodating in an emergency. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Ireland.