“Great visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Ranked #50 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We loved our stay at Blomming Wildflower Cottage. Marianne is a wonderful host. This B&B is right on the Dingle bay and is a very short walk into town. The back flower garden is amazing and so relaxing. The location, view, and hospitality of this B&B can't be beat. Marianne was very helpful as we planned our days and knows everyone and everything about the area. She was extremely helpful with where to eat, what to see, and history of the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment which was large, spacious, and had a beautiful view of the flower garden...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 28, 2014

As a nineteen year old girl traveling alone, choosing a comfortable and safe place to stay was definitely a top priority for me. As soon as I arrived Marianne made me a cup of tea and brought me a slice of cake in the breakfast nook which has a spectacular view of the Dingle bay. She then gave me a catalogue of some of the activities available to me during my stay in Dingle which was so kind and very helpful. When I chose horseback riding she was so kind as to drive me to the stable! Tommy was so welcoming and kind, offering me tea or coffee each breakfast, and asking how my days were.

The Captain's Room (where I stayed for three nights) was so warm, welcoming and comfortable. The best part was the amazing view of the garden (which is lovely to read in in the mornings) and of the Bay. The location of this B&B is absolutely perfect, because it is in walking distance of both the town of Dingle and of some country fields if you would like to get away for an afternoon.

Staying in this B&B was one of the highlights of my trip to Ireland. Marianne and Tommy made me feel so welcomed and comfortable and I am very grateful to them. One day I hope to return to the Blooming Wildflower with the rest of my family, so I can share with them this beautiful place!

Room Tip: All the rooms that I saw were lovely, but the Captain's Room gives you access to the garden whic...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was the most unique of our 'Ireland Adventure' B&B's.
Tom welcomed us at the front door and Marianne showed us the way out back to the Captain's Room. This is a bedroom with a small table and two chairs at the window overlooking Maranne's beautiful flower garden, a small patio and a big Dingle Bay. The patio area would have been a perfect spot for relaxation time, a good book and a Smithwicks but alas it was not to be as rain showers (liquid sunshine) were passing through.

We were delightfully surprised, upon our return from a walk through Dingle, to find two plates with cake and fresh strawberries awaiting us. A very nice touch indeed.

Our breakfast was at 0830 and it was fabulous ..... and piping hot. We had the 'traditional Irish Breakfast' overlooking Dingle Bay and the returning fishing boat.

All in all, this was a great stay. Tom has a great sense of humour and Marianne kept me on my best behaviour, encouraging me not to say "Top of the morning!", ever again while in Ireland.

Thanks for a great stay, we will be back.

"Go raibh maith agaibh!"

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jim T
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a road trip around South West Ireland, which by the way is beautiful. We stayed only 1 night at all our stops as we wanted to see as much as we could of the coastline. But the service and facilities at Blooming Wildflower Cottage were so good we stayed a 2nd night!! Marianne is a wonderful host and did all she could to make us welcome. Breakfast was really nice with lots of locally-sourced products, and by far the best we had on our trip. And the fresh cake awaiting our return each day was such an unexpected bonus. The accommodation is spotlessly clean, really comfortable, and the two rooms are set out like you have your own private living area. If/when we return to Dingle, no hesitation, we're going straight back to Marianne's!! Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Both rooms are great, facing the back with beautiful views over the beach and headland. One of the r...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed here two nights while visiting Dingle with family. There were three of us and we were had two rooms...one was a bedroom with double bed and large bath and the other was an 'apartment' with kitchen area, double bed, sitting area in sunroom and a small bath just across a hallway that was shared between us. The rooms and the gardens were much like the photos on the web site. The beds were very comfortable and had lovely thick comforters; WIFI worked well, but mainly in one spot in the kitchen area. Plenty of hot water in the baths and hair dryer provided. Parking was free on the street across from the B&B. The garden is darling and both of our rooms looked out on the garden and on to a gorgeous view of Dingle Bay. The owners, Tommy and Marianne were friendly and provided good advice on where to eat and things to do in Dingle. Marianne is an American expat and Tommy was born in the house (his family has lived in it for over 100 years!). The weather while we were there was quite cold and wet and the first night we were a bit cold as the heaters were set to go off during the night and not come back on until the next morning. We asked the owners for additional heat and they accommodated us. Breakfast both mornings was very good. A beautiful table was set for us upstairs by a window overlooking the garden and bay. The kitchen is in the same room, so we were able to chat with the owners while they prepared the meal. The food was delicious and made to order! The house is close to the main area of town so it is easy to walk to all of the restaurants, shops and pubs Dingle has to offer. A summer visit here would be delightful so you could enjoy sitting in the garden!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Bloomingwildflower, Owner at Blooming Wildflower Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Mary,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Blooming Wildflower Cottage. We were delighted to have you as guest and we hope that we will see you again. Tommy and I were so pleased to see that you took photos of the back of the house. Most people passing by only get to see the traditional front of the house. Thank you for staying with us and being so considerate.
Tommy and Marianne
132 The Wood on Dingle Bay
Dingletown, County Kerry. Ireland

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in the self-catering apartment for a few nights and loved the view. Ideal spot to walk into the town from. Perfect for a couple. Owners were very kind. Fresh scones, Eggs, milk, butter, tea and coffee provided on arrival. They were kind enough not to have charged us the full price as we had to cancel one night at the last minute. Wifi available but slow. Parking was easy out of season.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was a very disappointing BB. We were never offered any breakfast and the cost was expensive for a one night stay. It was very noisy as the owners live upstairs and we didn't get to sleep until after 11pm. I would never recommend this place to anyone in the future. We stay in BB all over the world and this was very expensive for one night without any breakfast.

Room Tip: We recently stayed at this B@B. We booked on line and when we arrived to find the owner was unprepa...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomingwildflower, Owner at Blooming Wildflower Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

14 Jan 2014
Dear Welcomed Guest from Australia.

There is some misunderstanding here. I quickly reviewed your booking agent’s reservation form and it states that you paid for the Dingle Seafront “self-catering” apartment with patio and garden.

We are sorry that you did not understand that the Bed & Breakfast is closed in January. When I explained this to you, you said there was no problem and that you intended to eat breakfast
in Dingle town centre.

We were certainly prepared for your arrival even though you were early. It is our policy to always provide fresh linen on the day of arrival thus there was a 15 minute wait. Our check-in time is normally 3:00-6:00PM.

This is the first comment we have received that the two of us are noisy neighbours. We will certainly endeavour to keep this in mind so as not to annoy future guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your disappointment. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Galway and Scotland. If you are ever in Dingle during the Spring or Summer months, please feel welcome to call in for a full breakfast of fresh Kerry products. It would be our pleasure to serve you the best of everything.

Kindest regards,