Blooming Wildflower Cottage
$267
$205
Greenmount House(Dingle)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsself cateringour honeymooncomfortable bedshort walk to the townbreakfast tabledelightful hostswasher and dryera wonderful staymariannetomireland
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was a very disappointing BB. We were never offered any breakfast and the cost was expensive for a one night stay. It was very noisy as the owners live upstairs and we didn't get to sleep until after 11pm. I would never recommend this place to anyone in the future. We stay in BB all over the world and this was very expensive for one night without any breakfast.

Room Tip: We recently stayed at this B@B. We booked on line and when we arrived to find the owner was unprepared for us on arrival. The only option we had was a room as the other room was not available as the deck was wet. We were not offered any breakfast. Very disappointing place.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomingwildflower, Owner at Blooming Wildflower Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

14 Jan 2014
Dear Welcomed Guest from Australia.

There is some misunderstanding here. I quickly reviewed your booking agent’s reservation form and it states that you paid for the Dingle Seafront “self-catering” apartment with patio and garden.

We are sorry that you did not understand that the Bed & Breakfast is closed in January. When I explained this to you, you said there was no problem and that you intended to eat breakfast
in Dingle town centre.

We were certainly prepared for your arrival even though you were early. It is our policy to always provide fresh linen on the day of arrival thus there was a 15 minute wait. Our check-in time is normally 3:00-6:00PM.

This is the first comment we have received that the two of us are noisy neighbours. We will certainly endeavour to keep this in mind so as not to annoy future guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your disappointment. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Galway and Scotland. If you are ever in Dingle during the Spring or Summer months, please feel welcome to call in for a full breakfast of fresh Kerry products. It would be our pleasure to serve you the best of everything.

Kindest regards,

Tommy and Marianne Begley Sheehy
Blooming Wildflower Cottage
132 The Wood on Dingle Bay
Dingle, County Kerry. Ireland

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My sister-in-law and I stayed at this R&B, which is a 100 year-old house owed by the original family. We stayed in the small upstairs room, which was comfortable and homey - like when you used to sleep at your Granny's house in the special attic room. Marianne and Tommy were the most welcoming people we met on the whole trip and we loved their Irish humor. They made us feel a part of the community and a part of their home. We sat in the kitchen and looked out at a beautiful view of the Dingle Bay and bantered back and forth with them while they cooked scrumptious breakfasts for us. Heaven! If you want a place to stay that is full of fun and laughter and personal touches, this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pat H
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Captain's Room for 2 nights in September. Although the bedroom is small, there is plenty of storage space in the bathroom. The location of the B&B is perfect - right on the water and within easy walking distance (2 minutes) to the centre of town. Our room was on the ground floor, facing the water. The weather was beautiful and we spent a lot of time on the patio with its fabulous views of the harbour and Marianne's gardens. Marianne is a great cook and the breakfasts were fabulous!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindabill03
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the Blooming Wildflower Cottage. Our room was on the first floor with its own flower garden and the seawall just beyond. Marianne and Tommy were so gracious and welcomed us with tea and cake. Our room was very clean and charming. Breakfasts were fantastic ... the traditional "Irish Fry" one morning and smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and croissants the second morning. Tommy and Marianne were extremely helped us plan our drive around the Dingle peninsula and suggested places for music. When I lost my watercolor paintbrush,Marianne drove me to an art supply store for a replacement. Our only regret is that we were not able to stay longer.

Room Tip: We stayed in the small room on the first floor. There is an apartment that is a little bigger with a sitting room as well. If we were to go again and stay longer I would request it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in August for two nights. On the upside, The bed was very comfortable and our breakfasts were delicious. There is a lovely view of Dingle bay from the dining room. Our hosts, noticing that my partner was using a laptop, brought in an extra little table to make us more comfortable.
On the downside, it would have been nice to have some tea and coffee making facilities available. I fancied a bath when I was there but noticed there was no plug. When I asked the hosts if there was a plug Tommy growled that they did not provide baths (despite there being a bath in our en-suite) When I said I needed it as I was suffering from a very bad back, Marianne relented and a plug was provided. Apart from this incident they were generally helpful but we felt a bit uncomfortable at this B&B overall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple