“Our best memory”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Blooming Wildflower Cottage
Ranked #53 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2008

My husband and I recently spent two nights at the Blooming Wildflower Cottage. We were in Ireland a week and this was definitely our favorite place to stay. We had the apartment, which allowed us to eat in. The view of the bay is so peaceful. The atmosphere is homey and the flowers on the patio are beautiful. The hosts were helpful and friendly. We loved it!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Blooming Wildflower Cottage

Reviewed June 11, 2008

We stayed at the cottage for two week in April, it was our second visit to Dingle in six months, what can we possibly say about Tom, Marrianne and the cottage that has not already been said many, many times before.
We were made to feel so very welcome, the accommodation was spotless, very comfortable and just a home away from home.
I could spend all day writing about Dingle, and especially the cottage, but I will not. The best way for people to experience the cottage and hospitality of Tom and Marianne is to book a stay at the cottage and experience it all for yourself

1  Thank WalesAirwolf
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I had a hard time deciding whether to book here or not. The information available online and the reviews were contradictory, and I wasn't sure what I was getting into. . .

I was very pleased by what I found -- but I'd like to share what I discovered so that no one stays here not understanding how unique the property is.

The cottage is in the middle of a series of row houses on the western outskirts of Dingle Town itself. The owners live upstairs and have a shop in the front that sells wildflower seeds, etc. There are one or two B&B rooms upstairs, too -- but no one was staying there when I was there and I didn't see them. But if you want what you see in the photographs on the website, make sure you are talking about the downstairs apartment when you book.

The owners were very pleasant, and left me in peace after I checked in. That's how I like it -- I like the privacy. If you want a lot of interaction with the owners, probably not the place for you.

The apartment itself was beautiful, with the most comfortable bed, a nice kitchen, lovely glassed in porch, back patio, and a view to die for. But as others have noted, the bathroom is across the hallway, so I'd recommend you bring a robe or leave your modesty.

There is a second bedroom also available across the hall. Kind of dumpy, in my opinion, compared to the beautiful big one.

The entrance into the apartment, once you check in, is the back door from the porch. So you walk down the alley on the side of the house, reach over the back gate to unlock it (a little hard for me -- I'm 5foot 4 and I could just reach the bolt), and then let yourself in to the glass porch at the rear of the apartment.

I didn't mind this at all -- but after the first night I knew to leave a light on. Wasn't that easy in the dark after a few pints the first night!

No one else was staying there during my visit, so I had the porch to myself. If the porch was being shared by other guests, it would have been a big intrusion on the apartment privacy.

I'm not sure where people park during the high season. I followed the owner's instructions and parked quasi-legally in the driveway of the compound across the street and no one bothered my car. But all those cottages were vacant in December, so I don't know what it would be like in July.

It was a great location - 10 minute walk from the heart of town, on the way toward Ventry. I would definitely stay here again -- it was like having my own home in Dingle for a week. Felt like a local. Warm and cosy with beautiful views.

But "homey," with lots of little quirks that might not appeal to someone used to the high end luxury places.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
5  Thank bejasus
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Highly suggest this B&B in Dingle, Ireland. It is right in town, close to restaurants and pubs and has an amazing view. The owners are extremely helpful in every way and so nice and friendly. You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Wildflower for three wonderful days. This place really is very special. Although we are both Irish this was our first visit to Dingle, we found it absolutely enchanting. The apartment was clean, bright and cheerful with the most breathtaking view out over Dingle Bay. Books and videos are provided in the cosy living area and encourage the feeling of relaxation which surrounds this wonderful place. The small garden area is lovely too, with comfortable chairs and tables provided, overall a haven for the musing writer or the recovering party animal!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lizzy-Loop
Reviewed May 16, 2006

We spent a week at the Blooming Wildflower Cottage. We alternately had days out replete with hiking, scampering over ring forts and taking in the gorgeous views on the peninsula and other days when we read our books and stared out at the back garden. It is close enough to the town centre to make for a brick walk home when the pubs close but far enough to be quiet even as the tour busses pass through. Tommy & Marianne are warm and friendly hosts; the cottage is charmingly decorated and very homey. A perfect place to relax and recover one's self.

2  Thank PK1623
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, TX
Reviewed May 13, 2006

The Wildflower Cottage is a great place to stay. We spent our first night of 6 at this location. We wished that we had spent more time in Dingle...it was our favorite place in all our visits in Ireland. This bed and breakfast was right on the water with a wonderful view. It did not have the commercialization as many of the other bed and breakfasts we stayed. The owners were really interested in getting to know you and offered great advice. The breakfast was the best we had on our entire trip. The breads and fruit cups were great along with the traditional Irish Breakfast. If you are looking for a place to stay in Dingle this is the place!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member