“Appalling Accommodation”

and 1 more site!
Ashe's B&B
Ranked #50 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2012

As soon as I had checked-in to this B&B I wanted to walk out. The host was an ignorant man (I didn't see a female throughout the stay apart from a young woman who helped with breakfast). You certainly couldn't call this a "cosy" stay - it was far from it. The lounge furniture looked like it needed a good clean so we didn't use it. The housing of the shower doors in the ensuite bathroom needed a good scrub. After travelling around Ireland and staying in other B&Bs - this was the most expensive and the worst one we had stayed in. I even heard another guest say their bedding was stained! I am sorry but I could not recommend this to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Hazel M

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family recently stayed at Ashes B&B. It was a great location, within walking distance of all the restaurants, pubs and town center. They also has a secure parking lot where we could leave the car for the day while sight seeing. However, The B&B was really run down. There was mold growing everywhere, the bathroom was covered, the shade in the room (which was broken) when you pulled it down was covered in mold. The rooms smelled musty. If you didn't wake up early enough you were left with a cold shower. I wish I could write a nice review, but between the poor mattresses, mold and cold showers I can not!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank M W
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We recently stayed at this location on a trip to Dingle in July. The location was excellent, and the car park was very important for us as we were staying a few days and did not want to worry about parking.

The breakfast was good, and the room pretty standard with an en suite bathroom. The host was great, very friendly and engaging. The price, 190 for two nights, was among the highest rate we paid in ireland though far from a bad deal. While I was not disappointed, and would stay here again on a return trip to dingle, the high price in comparison to similar and cheaper accommodations throughout ireland is why i ranked this location a 4.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jon S
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this reasonably priced, convenient yet quiet B&B in Dingle. The owner could not have been more helpful and his restaurant and pub recommendations were spot on. Our request for tea was immediately met with a tray of all the necessaries for our room. This is a great value for money place to stay.
PS sometimes when people write reviews it is important to remember what you are paying for.... Some reviewers expect the Hilton at hostel prices!!!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Ashes B&B owner has obviously worked to improve his property according to some of the past critiques. My 3 young adult children and I found Robert to be very welcoming, ready to provide satisfying, cheerful service, offer helpful guidance about the area and maintaining a property in convenient proximity to the best Dingle has to offer. His comfortable, homey house and our 2 ensuite rooms were clean, our beds were great and the clean bath towels provided daily were thick and luxuriously oversized! Robert saw to our breakfast needs with earnest attention to detail each of the 3 mornings we were there. His price was very reasonable as I checked several other places and found Ashes to be a good deal. The vegetation in the front yard looked a little overgrown and could be trimmed to reveal more of the handsome house, while the interior carpet looked a little tired. But these things are minor. The 4 of us enjoyed our stay at Ashes B&B and would be glad to stay again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank John W
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My daughter and I stayed in Ashe's B&B a couple of weeks ago and it was really terrific we couldn't have asked for more. The staff were friendly but unintrusive ,the rooms were bright ,clean and comfortable and the breakfast was cooked to order (while most of the other B+B's we had stayed in had their breakfast pre cooked).Robert the owner was very helpful and had a great knowledge on the local history of the area. He gave us some excellent reccomendations. There is free wi-fi and a little internet cafe in the foyer which we used regularly. Location was perfect. A minute walk from all amenities in the town. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Dingle for a few night.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank NathalieMassa
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We recently stayed at this guest house. The host was kind and welcoming however this was all.
A double bed in a single room, bathroom and main door would not stay shut, (Try sitting on the toilet holding the door shut), linen was dirty, no water glasses, no tea & coffee making facilities, 3 only coat hangers, some knobs pulled off cabinets, no face washer, no guest longe room (locked away) and breakfast was second rate with no fruit at all and orange juice was the only juice available. The place had a unkempt look about it with the owner not even being able to clean around the front entrance to entice guests. I would not recommend this to anyone. The guest house is very central to Dingle which is a plus.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple