“Crystal”
Review of Dingle Crystal

Dingle Crystal
Ranked #2 of 32 Shopping in Dingle
More attraction details
Owner description: Having qualified as a master craftsman with Waterford Crystal, Sean and his wife Liz came to Dingle, County Kerry in 1998 and set up Dingle Crystal. Dingle is n area famous for its rich heritage of craft and tradition, Sean took inspiration from his new home and transformed it to create a breathtaking collection of crystal giftware using Celtic themes. With six different and distinct patterns, Sean has become renowned for the quality of his work and in particular for his Celtic knots and circles. Visitors to the Dingle Crystal shop on Green Street, Dingle can view a stunning array of glassware from bowls to glasses, from candlesticks to vases, be it a personalised and exclusive wedding gift, a special present or simply a luxurious souvenir of your trip to Kerry, Dingle Crystal is a treasure trove for all.
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is some of the most beautiful crystal we saw on our trip to Ireland!! We have a lovely votive holder burning on our table every night. LOVELY!!!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Five stars for the product, two for service.

There was a time when choosing a wedding gift for friends was easy: Waterford Crystal stemware would be treasured. Well, we all know about the bankruptcy and I suppose they did what they had to do but calling today's product Waterford Crystal is borderline fraudulent. I could not give that stuff as a gift. I had never heard of of Dingle Crystal when we happened upon the shop and did not want to go in but, fortunately,, my Judit did. With little interest I picked up a piece and felt the edges. THAT changed my attitude. This is cut crystal fashioned by a craftsman in very attractive patterns. We chose a couple of red wine glasses in the Blasket pattern. On an absolute scale 75 Euros each may seem expensive but for what we were getting it seemed inexpensive. We could have safely fitted our purchase in our luggage but opted to have it shipped. That was expensive. Even after deducting VAT from the price, the price per glass came to 80 Euros so I figure shipping to have cost 40 Euros. You would think that would buy top of the line expedited service though they told us it would take 3-4 weeks. The problem is they did not ship it for three weeks so it was over 5 weeks before we got it. Why??

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I knew I wanted to see Sean at work cutting his crystal as I had read about him before hand. What I didn't know was how caring and kind he would be. He gave my husband and me a private showing, took us with him to his workshop, then went out of his way to find a fuschia flower for me after sharing the story of the flower. Yes, he is a master at glass cutting, but that is only one of his attributes. His pieces are exquisite and I'm so happy we were able to meet him. Hailey & Noel

1  Thank Hailey B B
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Dingle crystal is a must when in Dingle. This is a master craftsman & his pieces are not sold elsewhere . A visit to his workshop is a must to see him in action. Awesome is the only word to describe his work, you won't be disappointed .

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Dingle Crystal made by Sean Daley is exquisite. Since Waterford is no longer produced in Ireland, this is the real deal. Dennis makes designs that are uniquely his own and is happy to tell you the stories for his inspiration. In back of the shop his wife creates wonderful pastries and coffees.
We have purchased items on two separate trips and they are very efficient in getting them mailed to you. Don't worry about buying too much. When you get home you will regret you did not get more.

Seanodalaigh, Owner at Dingle Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

It is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards