“Heaven on Earth”
Review of Castlewood House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dingle
Castlewood House
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Madison, Wisconsin
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Castlewood House is got to be a piece of heaven on Earth (Dingle to be exact). This place was absolutely amazing. Hellen and Brian are absolutely amazing. The rooms are impecable and the food is ought to be the best in Ireland. We had the best stay here during our 22 days in Ireland. We traveled with our in-laws, two children (ages 8 and 6), my husand and I. From the very beginning Hellen provided us with amazing customer service. Thank you Brian and Hellen for an amazing stay! (and for the recipie as well)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Grabandtravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
limerick, Ireland
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I stayed here for two nights in early November with my girlfriend.
We were greeted at reception by Helen who was so helpful. At check-in she showed us a map of where all the good pubs and restaurants were in Dingle. Check-in was quick and hassle free. We were shown to our room which was one of the Bayview rooms. We had ordered the champagne/chocolate deal. The view from the room was fantastic (Dingle Bay). The room was immaculate, neat and very cosy. The attention to detail is phenomenal. The beds are extremely comfortable. TV and DVD player provided. The bathroom is spotless. Separate shower and jacuzzi bath. The guesthouse is less than 10 mins walk from town. If you need a taxi Helen or Brian will order one for you (usually costs around 6euro which is cheap for a taxi in Ireland)..
The breakfast was stunning. We had our breakfast in the private drawing room. The food was an excellent selection from a buffet - croissants, cheeses, cereals, juices, fruit etc. Once we had finished with the buffet we ordered from the menu. Over the two mornings we tried the scrambled egg mix, eggs benedict, chefs omelette and full irish fry. My favorite was the scrambled egg mix. Cooked to perfection. I can't emphasise how good the breakfast was and how accommodating Helen and Brian were. Brian also provided us with dvd's when we were relaxing for a few ours in our room. He also recommended the Half Door restaurant which was absolutely amazing (worth the cost!). I can't recommend this place enough. Great value for money and probably the best place i've ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Ok. U.S.A.
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My wife and I spent most of October driving the west coast of Ireland, staying in Guest Houses we found on the web and reviewed on tripadvisor. After wonderful stays at the Temple House south of Sligo and the Quay House in Clifden, we stayed 6 nights at the Castlewood House in Dingle. Brian and Helen were a delight. Both had paid their dues working at the Ashford Castle and this was a newly constructed, beautiful venue. You signed in with a complimentary sherry, and a cordial welcome from both. The room was spacious, modern, with soft colors and very tasteful furnishings. The morning breakfast was prepared to order by Brian and he is a wonderful chef! The cold offerings were a vast array of jams, jellies, marmalades, wonderful baked rolls, scones, and a fantastic bread & butter pudding. Helen was always engaging us in conversation with others seated in the cozy dinning area. The pancakes by Brian were so gorgeous we took pictures of them before diving in--. We met their son Craig, who's 5th birthday was a big event, neat young man. Helen was helpful both in laying out day trips and evening dining in Dingle. Dingle is a magical little fishing village, with it's own bottle nosed dolphin, "Fungie", who has been swimming in the harbor for over 15 years. The village is a postcard, with fishing boats unloading their catches, neat pubs, restaurants, and lots of shops. Would go back to Dingle and Castlewood in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rexgraves
East Patchogue, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2010

This was my first visit to Ireland but it won't be my last. Dingle was my favorite area. We originally planned to stay only 5 days but extended it another day because we hadn't finished exploring. Many hiking trails (both known & unknown). Breathtaking views. Amazing sunsets! Castlewood made it even better! I'm not really a good B&B guest because I enjoy the privacy & amenities of a hotel. Castlewood was a beautiful balance of the charm & warmth of a B&B with the service & peace of a luxury hotel. The rooms are super quiet and I didn't even hear the drunken guests who come in during the wee hours. I had a waterview from my room of lovely Dingle Bay. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was super clean (the only down side was I didn't like the smell of the shampoo). I find most hotel rooms stuffy & too hot but my room in Castlewood had great air circulation (I'm kind of particular about my "space" since I'm allergic to dust & mold). I was able to open the windows when needed or turn up the heat (which I never had to do since it was about 60 degrees F when we visited). My allergies never kicked in which tells me that there was no dust or mold in Castlewood. A true blessing! Breakfasts were delicious and I never had the same meal while I was there. The bread & butter pudding was fabulous (true indulgence!). Wifi was fast & free. The only down side was that it doesn't reach the bedrooms because the walls are too thick. But the lounge was so comfortable and quiet that it wasn't a bother. Brian & Helen were lovely hosts and created a wonderful "home" that I would highly recommend to anyone and will definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank TinaJoy102
Wexford
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We got the opportunity of a quick break at the end of August , as we only had 2 days we choose carefully but we got a lot more than we expected at Castlewood House. It is a beautiful modern Guesthouse but it is operated & managed by Helen & Brian in such a low key , friendly and personal manner that makes it a joy to stay in, it is maintained in excellent condition, very comfortable bedrooms, and an excellent dining room where Brian supplies a real treat for breakfast. The location is excellent and we certainly look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
indiana
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Cannot say enough nice things about Castlewood. Everything was perfect.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tjh780
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Arrived at this spectacular guesthouse to be greeted by the ever polite and smiling Brian. Room was immaculate with all the facilities you would expect, with some lovely added touches. Nothing was too much trouble. Brian even asked if we needed the heating turned up or down for our 4 month old son. DVD library at request and DVD player in each room was excellent. Breakfast was one of the best we have had in years, and the service from Helen and her staff was nothing short of exceptional. They even, at very short notice, held off cooking one of our breakfasts so as we could feed our son and get him settled. If I ever return to Dingle I would not hesitate to rebook this outstanding guesthouse. It deserves nothing less than the praise it receives including the framed letter from tripadvisor for their outstanding rating.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family