Castlewood House
$76
Priceline
Greenmount House(Dingle)
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,205 results
All reviewshelen brianjacuzzi bathbread and butter puddingpancakesboutique hotelthought of everythingdingle baythe nicest placesmall hotelkippersshort walktea and coffeetwo nightsfantastic hostsjunior suitelittle touchesview of the bay
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Brian and Helen are certainly very good at what they do! They have the perfect mix of customer care and quality at Castlewood House to ensure your stay is enjoyable. A group of 4 stayed in Castlewood House this February. We were very impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the house. The rooms were excellent (we were upgraded to a suite) and the breakfast is not to be missed. There is a very comfortable lounge with has every possible facility available 24/7 including DVD's, board games etc. There was no expense spared with the fit out of the property and the owners obvious high standards are evident everywhere ! Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights for New Years Eve. I found it through recommendations in guide books and Tripadvisor, we were not disappointed. We took a superior room which had a lovely view of the bay, the room was huge! And furnished to such a high standard I will steal some of their ideas when doing my own house! Brian greeted us and filled us in on local restaurants for New Years eve and had sample menu's which was great. (We ate in the jazz pizza place which was really good) It was hard to leave the room but we managed after a jacuzzi bath which all rooms have. Breakfast is the best I have ever had salmon omlette, beautiful granola with stewed fruit, he had full Irish and said the meat was best he had tasted, mushrooms were fab. And on New Years morning we were greeted with Bucks Fizz. Helen and Brian pull out all the stops and it is worth every penny. When we came in from a long day exploring there was amazing mince pies and port waiting for you to help yourself. We also borrowed 2 dvd's from their selection and watched them in our room. Can't wait to go back it was perfect!
Also try Ashes for Amazing seafood!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A_Cooling
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I arrived at the Castlewood and was immediately impressed by the well-kept grounds and beautiful lobby. No one was there when I arrived, but once I phoned the number, I was immediately greeted by Brian who then checked me in and helped me to my room. As soon as the door opened I was in awe at the clean, bright and welcoming room. I met Helen (greeted with a hug) the next morning at breakfast which was beyond delicious! Helen and Brian are not only wonderful innkeepers, but also a truly wonderful couple. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2009

My wife and I travel extensively in Europe staying in small hotels and B and Bs. This one is very special. More like a boutique hotel. Helen and Brian are the BEST HOSTS we have ever experienced. They are gracious beyond the expectation of a top-rated Tripadvisor spot.
We stayed three nights in a beautiful bayfront room, tastefully done and very well maintained. All staff were friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was unbelieveable. A menu of freshly prepared delights and tables full of morning treats. Fabulous! The coffee in all of Ireland is poor tasting to us so great teas complete a fine start to the day.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2009

my now fiancee and i took a tour around ireland after getting engaged, and as i'm in the hospitality trade we tried to pick nice hotels and accommodation to stay in.
out of seven days in seven different hotels, Castlewood stood out as being what really typifies perfect irish hospitality, and a lot of other more well known and more expensive accommodation should take a leaf out of their book. we were shown sample local restaurant menus on arrival, the fact that our welcome was genuine and sincere was evident, and the nothings too much trouble approach made us feel right at home.
the room and views accross dingle bay were stunning. Brian sorted us with a lovely table for dinner in dingle when it seemed everywhere was closed or booked up.
the breakfasts were gorgeous, and the breakfast room was equally as nice as the rooms ... as a musical director it was lovely to hear local irish musicians music played at breakfast at exactly the right volume for the perfect atmosphere. the detail was perfect, from the organic pi water in the room right down to the beans with the full irish breakfast being in its own dish, a small thing we know, but its all the small things about this place that made our stay memorable
Castlewood was the cherry on the top for us in dingle and we cant wait to get booked for next year.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple