“Great Location”

and 1 more site!
The Lantern Townhouse
Ranked #27 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at The Lantern for several days in early October. We arrived on the last day of the Dingle Wine & Food festival. The town was crowded with folks attending the festival. We were greeted by Thomas upon our arrival and he was very friendly and informative. Our room was nicely decorated and the bathroom large by Irish standards. However the bathroom was not as clean as we expect. There were more then several lines of mold/mildew in the shower and it needed a good thorough scrubbing. The bed was very comfortable.
The absolute best part of staying at the Lantern was its great location in the heart of Dingle. We were literally within a two minute stroll to pubs and restaurants. Thomas was always eager to provide info regarding the Dingle area and recommending restaurants,driving routes and which pubs would have live music.
The room we stayed in faced the main street and was noisy in the morning with the rumbling of trucks and traffic. The breakfast was average for a B&B. We would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flagrubbs

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The B+B is located in the center of town close to everything.. I have stayed in a few places and this is by far the best lovely fresh breakfast and very welcoming.... I highly recommend..
Close to great Irish music bars and fine restaurants...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank HilltopTreks_Ireland
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This small conveniently located hotel is set one or two blocks above the marina so all the hub-bub of the marina walk is avoided, yet it is close enough to stroll down to the marina and back without breaking a sweat.

Value was excellent (one of three B&B's we stayed in Ireland) and rooms clean and comfortable. Our room was in the rear which has a view of hillside and was very quiet. We did tour all the rooms and can't imagine that any room would be uncomfortable or too noisy.

The main attraction is the genuine care and attention Thomas and his staff provide for the guests. When asking about getting a driver for a personal tour, Thomas was on the phone and had a tour arranged before I could finish my sentence. His first choice of drivers was unavailable as well as the second. He did not give up until he mananged to fulfill our request.

The list goes on and on for the four nights we stayed at the Lantern Townhouse. The only complaint was when we had to check out and go home. We wanted to stay for a long, long time.

We would recommend this B&B to anyone that is not looking for the same ol'. Just be sure to leave room for us when we return.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quietest. WIFI is on ground floor and not in rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gatterer2012
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was the perfect B&B for us. Our room was pleasant and clean. It overlooked the main street, which for some might be a bother, but we loved hearing music from the nearby pub. Also, the view looked down a pretty side street. Absolute quiet in the morning, so we slept like babes!
After having the traditional Iriah breakfast for the past week, the different options provided were great, AND it was cooked to order. Best is their bread. Oh my -- perfect. Our host were happy to provide suggestions for dinner. Turned out to be very good suggestions!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brewskiman
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here during the Dingle marathon weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We were given a warm and friendly welcome on our arrival and we were shown to our rooms promptly. We were given information on recommended local restaurants and amenities and made to feel at home immediately.
The bedrooms are modern, tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The B&B is located on the main street of the town so this location makes it extremely convenient to access all pubs, restaurants, local site-seeing excursions etc. It is beautifully presented and spotlessly clean inside and out.
Breakfast is great and it is refreshing to enjoy a menu that isn't clogged up with stodgy, unhealthy fried breakfasts. The waffles are second to none and the service was quick and delivered with a smile. Nothing was too much trouble and all staff were pleasant and courteous.
I look forward to returning to this b&b in the future. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Thomas was an excellent host.
We had a lovely room overlooking a very pretty street.
The Slea Head drive is beautiful.Dingle was one of our favourite towns.
and the Lantern was one of our top three b & bs in Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph P M
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights recently with my 12 year old daughter and I genuinely think this is the nicest B&B I have ever stayed in.
-Check in was quick and friendly and I was offered a map of the area and given suggestions of which amazing flavours of Murphys ice-cream to try

-Decor was just beautiful. A feature wall in my room matched the good quality furniture in my room perfectly. All furniture looked new, and had plenty of mirrors as well as some funky bedside lights. A lot of thought had gone in to this room making it feel really cosy.

-The bedding was out of this world! I meant to ask the owners where they get their sheets from but I forgot! It sounds ridiculous but I couldn't get over how soft and sumptious they were. They weren't flannel sheets but they were so soft. Very hard to describe but anyone who stays there will know what I mean. The bedspread was also top quality with some matching cushions adding to the whole effect of the room. The bed itself was also very comfy.

-Breakfast is the reason why I rated it a 4 and not a 5. Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely beautiful food cooked to perfection but the options were limited. I was told at the time of booking they don't offer a full irish so it wasn't a surprise but I just feel its a shame they don't offer more choice. Basically eggs, smoked salmon and waffles were on the menu. (variation of eggs though) It would have been nice to see a sausage or a slice of bacon on there. I really must stress though that it doesn't take away the lovliness of the breafasts offered, it is just my opinion. Also, breakfast is between 9 and 10, I think I would have preffered a 2 hour time slot, but again, just my view.

It was certaiinly the little things that made the difference here. Coffee on reception was very handy and REALLY nice coffee. Bottles of water in the room, the pictures and plants were all spot on. Very tasteful. I would stay here again in a flash. Great place in a great location!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family