“If you must stay in a Hotel, stay here”
Review of Dingle Bay Hotel

and 1 more site!
Dingle Bay Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Georgetown, Texas
“If you must stay in a Hotel, stay here”
Reviewed April 15, 2006

I didn't remember the hotel from our 2000 trip for good reason; it wasn't built! My wife and I took our niece to Ireland for her graduation gift and to see where her roots began. After a few days of being the typical tourist, including a little snow and traditional B&Bs, my wife reluctantly agreed to stay in Dingle to humor me. (She caught what I refer to as "Dingle Fever" on our last trip. I thought is was a little too much hard cider, but it really was a bug.) Anyway, the hotel has some of the best bathrooms we've seen in Ireland. The radiant heated floor is especially welcome on those chilly March mornings. The rooms were nicely furnished, service was excellent, as was the food at Longs Restaurant. Although loosing some of its charm to growth and new construction, Dingle is still well worth the visit. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Larry & Kelly - Georgetown, Texas

• Stayed March 2006
8 Thank RoseAlee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Spring, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Dingle Bay Hotel back in January and were very pleased with the clean, comfortable room and the overall hotel appearance/experience. The bathroom and shower were far better than most other hotels....good water pressure and you didn't have to stand like a hunchback to get your head wet! The hotel also offers free parking, and they have nice restaurants and a pub downstairs. The only issue that may be important to other travelers is the fact that the night we stayed at the DBH, they were having a concert in the pub by an Elvis impersonator (nothing says Ireland like an Elvis impersonator, eh?), and while it didn't bother us at all, you could hear the music coming up through the guestrooms and hallways until around 1 a.m. The hotel is within 3-5 minutes walk of pretty much everything in Dingle town.
While in Dingle, check out O'Flaherty's pub for some great traditional music and some pints of Murphy's!

• Stayed January 2006
11 Thank Osheawalsh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 24, 2005

Back in 1997 i was working in Dingle and i stayd in "Paudies B&B". I still remember it like it was yesterday. the staff, the food and the rooms was superb, and even now after the changes i cant hardly wait to go back. When i dont know, but i will go back and try to hawe "my" room back agein. I recomand all to wisite Dingle bay hotel and the lovly town Dingle.
all the best Knut

• Stayed June 1999, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed May 3, 2005

We stayed here over the long weekend and found it just fantastic!! Our room was superb and etremely clean. All the staff were really helpful and friendly. I cannot speak highly enough of the girls on reception - They helped me with all my queries.
The bar is beautifully decorated and one can just sit back and relax. The food here is also excellent. The menu is extremely varied and there is somethingthere for everyone.
They also have a fantastic restaurant and i would drive the 400 mile round trip just to have the monkfish!! It is Divine. I ate here the 3 nites i stayed and would recommend it to everyone.
All in all i had a fantastic time in the dingle penisula and especially in the dingle bay hotel. I will tell all my friends to come here.

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank cns123
Ireland, Cork
Reviewed April 27, 2005

Great location in the centre of town, staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice bar and restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed September 2004
1 Thank Barry_Fletcher
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 21, 2005

I booked three double rooms at the Dingle Bay hotel and was dissappointed to discover that all three had views of brick walls. This made the rooms very dark and was quite disheartening, considering we were in one of the most beutiful spots in Ireland. On the plus side, the rooms were modern and clean and the hotel provided a good base from which to explore the peninsula. It was a very reasonably priced hotel so I suppose I can't complain as I pretty much got what I paid for.

• Stayed April 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ireland
Reviewed February 7, 2005

Stayed in The Dingle Bay Hotel in Dingle town in January 2005.
We had a wonderful stay. Newly built with spacious comfortable rooms.
Located in the town centre, close to all amenities & attactractions. Overlooking the pier & close to the marina.
Excellent bar & restaurant downstairs which has an wonderful & varied bar food menu. I highly recommend the Dingle Bay Hotel.

• Stayed January 2005