“Lovely little B&B”
Review of Devane's B&B

Devane's B&B
Ranked #21 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The accommodations were very nice and the welcome was warm. Although there was not freshly baked bread upon arrival as advertised, the hostess was very willing to meet our last-minute request for lodging. The scene over Dingle was simply lovely and the walk into the quaint town was very short. Breakfast was tasty and classically Irish, as hoped for. It is the perfect place to stay if you want a taste of the little town and a good starting point for the Slea Head (the scenic drive around the Dingle Peninsula).

There are newer reviews for Devane's B&B

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Virtually in the town, the position is excellent. This is a very typical dingle house where the rooms are on the small side, but perfectly adequate for a couple of nights for touring this beautiful region. The host, Geraldine, is very warm and pleasant. The lounge room had a pleasant fire in May, and the light was adequate to read by.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room if you can. We did not know this when we booked
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband, son and his girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights last week. Our rooms were neat and clean. Our room had an ensuite bathroom while my son's room had a sink in the room with a private toilet and shower a few doors down the hall. Breakfasts are made to order and very good. Devane's is up the street from the main part of Dingle so it is quiet and within walking distance of the pubs, shops and restaurants. Easy parking on the street. We loved our time in Dingle and Geraldine and Kevin are very gracious hosts. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, they are off the street.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My parents & I stayed here last June & recommended it highly to all. On this visit my wife was able to join us & our experience was equally superb.
We arrived around six in the evening & were greeted by our our hosts Geraldine & Kevin who were most welcoming & made us feel at ease. They are very down to earth & friendly. We chatted for a while before going to our rooms. My wife & I were stationed in the attic room which is number six. It is on a floor by itself & is a good choice as it is the most spacious & private. Everything was clean & well kept as expected.
The location of the B&B is excellent as it is on Goat Street which is quiet & peaceful, but at the same time restaurants, shops & the town centre are but a short walk away.
Breakfast in the morning consisted of cereal, juice, tea/coffee & a choice of hot meals which are cooked to order. There was amble choice & the non-meat eaters could select beans on toast or porridge in place of sausage, rashers, eggs or pudding.
All in all it was a pleasure to stay in Devane's again& I would not hesitate to recommend it to one & all.

Room Tip: The attic room (number six) is the most private & spacious.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a wedding in the town - perfect location, right on the main street, parking outside the door, great breakfast, very friendly and very reasonable. We were even offered a lift to the church but luckily the rain held off! Would highly recommend this and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clodagh O
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at this B & B in the lovely town of Dingle. Our hostess, Geraldine, made us feel at home and the bedroom and bath we stayed in was very nice and roomy!. Her communal sitting are and dining room made you feel like you were at home. Her breakfast was great. She gave us a lot of good information about the town of Dingle and the surrounding area. Would definitely stay here again if we are in Dingle again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla G
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This B&B is absolutely perfect if you want to be within walking distance of town but don't like the noise that can come with being right above a pub! I had a great, comfortable stay with Geraldine and Kevin. They take great care of their guests, the rooms are comfortable and spotless, and the breakfast was delicious. They are really sweet people and my only regret is not getting to chat with them longer. I stayed for 3 nights and then moved to a B&B in the country outside Dingle as planned, and Kevin was nice enough to not only drive me out to the other B&B, but also wait for me while I checked in and got ready quickly, and then went back into town to meet some friends for drinks. All in all, I loved staying at Devane's, and would recommend it if you're visiting Dingle!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo