Murphy's B & B
TripAdvisor
Greenmount House(Dingle)
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmurphy's pubgreat locationfull irish breakfasttea and coffee facilitiesthe main streethomemade brown breadthird floorbreakfast was deliciousnext morningdingle loopin townpubs and restaurantstriple roomwithin walking distancesitting roomstayed here for nightstwo night stay
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here one night while walking the Dingle Way. Place was nice and clean, though basic accommodation. Small rooms and right next door to pub that plays music until late. After the music stops, here the noise from the cleanup crew as the alley is between the two buildings. We were tired when we started our walk the next morning.

Room Tip: don't get a room on the side of the pub.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We spent one night at Murphy's B&B. Situated in the heart of Dingle, location couldn't be better. Our room was large, clean and on the side of the building so although we had noise from the pubs earlier in the evening, we had no street noise in the morning. Michael welcomed us and offered valuable tips for dinner and entertainment that evening. Breakfast was full Irish and delicious. Although the décor is a little dated, location, cleanliness, comfort and service are outstanding. Overall a great value and we would go back again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

A night at Murphy's Pub and B&B in Dingle is well worth the stop.
The B&B is spotlessly clean with good sized rooms and comfortable beds. No problems with sleeping. We enjoyed an excellent breakfast. The craic in the pub was some of the best we experienced on our trip. Great food and music and you're assured of a very warm Irish welcome.
The situation is perfect- right in the centre of town so it could be a bit noisy but didn't bother us. Must have been all that Irish hospitality! The price was very reasonable too. Suggest if you're down Dingle way you give Murphy's a go'

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

A terrific location, although the parking area next door, which is hit and miss, is a bit tight and very, very dusty and, our feeling...a bit dicey (I brought my golf clubs into the room...I didn't do that anywhere else during our 10 day trip).

Didn't see too much of Siobhan and Michael during our two-night stay although, when we did, Siobhan showed a great sense of humor, as did Michael (although he's a bit more on the sardonic, self-deprecating side...so am I, so I enjoyed our little bit of banter). Siobhan also shlepped my very heavy suitcase up the stairs while I was parking; much appreciated!

It was during a heat wave, so it was tough to get to sleep (not the owners' fault, obviously); the pub music and crowd noise slowed down around 11:30 p.m. or so, so that wasn't too big of an issue (esp. since we like to close the occasional pub). The room was fairly comfortable, but...we had a double (was it a queen?) and a single jammed into a very small room with a very tiny bathroom (but with tremendous water pressure--a plus!) and I remember remarking to my wife that I thought I was promised a king in the back area of the establishment. The next morning, I saw an empty room, much bigger than ours, that fit that description. When I returned home, I checked my correspondence and, sure enough, that's what I was promised. I should have spoken up; I thought it was my error. However, I feel the owners should have known what they agreed to give us.

Having said all that, our two breakfasts were delicious, the location was excellent, and the price was great. If you can take a wee bit o' noise and make sure you get what you asked for--stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back...make sure you know what you were promised...
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights this summer and had a nice time. The location is great- when you drive into the town, there is a parking area next to the Murphy's Pub (NOT affiliated with this bed and breakfast, but is next door). We were there for a heat wave....and since most hotels/ b&bs in Ireland do not have air conditioning, we had to open the window which faced the street. I enjoyed hearing the music from the pub....but the early morning noises from the dock area were very loud. If the window was closed, I am sure it would have been fine. We were in the same situation in other hotels (other towns) as well due to the heat, so I can't hold that against them! The location is central- the main street is a block up from the harbor, and this other main road is on the harbor. Don't forget to check out Murphy's ice cream down the block, too!

WiFi signal was strong, and Siobhan's brown bread is really really good at breakfast. The price was right at 80 Euro a night for a room with private bath- there are two grocery stores down the street if you want to get a sandwich made at the deli counter for a day of exploring (we had them made at the SuperValu for about 2.50 each at the meat counter). Would stay here again