“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #19 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Dingle
Cork, Ireland
“Excellent Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Myself and my friend stayed here for a midweek work-related excursion to Dingle.

The experience we had of Lovett's hostel from the very start was nothing but positive.

We had certain requirements - i.e. the need for good WIFI connection, location, security - and our expectations regarding all of these were surpassed.

Firstly, the location itself is excellent - in a quiet little cul-de-sac haven, 2-3 minutes walk from the centre of town, and the gorgeous Dingle waterfront.

There is on-site parking too, which was a plus as I know a lot of hostels would not usually have this.

As other reviewer Jane M has mentioned, it's more like a B&B setting but with the price of the hostel. Our room was clean, and my bed was very comfortable! The bathroom was good was well.

The little communal sitting room is a real treat as well, with a wood fire and TV, as well as board games.

My experience of the owners, especially Helen, was very positive. Helen was kind and attentive, and gave us some excellent advice regarding the Slea Head drive, which is a must-see. I felt very at home here, which is a rare thing to feel when staying in a hostel nowadays.

I will most certainly be coming back to Dingle,and to Lovett's Hostel - let's just hope the weather will be as good as it was this week!

Thank you Helen!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rachel M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

One of the best places I've ever stayed! It's more like a B&B setting but with the price of a hostel. Clean, plenty of room, and comfortable. The family that owns the hostel are lovely - very friendly and warm :). And very accommodating! The location is great as well. If you come to dingle, there's no better place to stay than at Lovett's!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jane M
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Rooms are a bit small but the hostel was quite empty (end of july) so we had enough room for us. The owner is bit rude; she came into our room once without knocking at the door. Shower has warm water and the toilet is good as well. The hostel is clean; there's also a small kitchen and a sitting room. Good wifi connection.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with 6-8 beds because they cheaper.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

was almost empty begining of may
so had room to myself with 4 close together single beds
if they had been full it would have been crowded
owner was nice got me a good deal on bike for the day
but shower was always cold even if red light was on

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ShawnMack
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

When we first arrived there was a bit of confusion with the booking (I had inquired about adding a night to our stay and the owner had muddled it up with another cancellation). Only one bed was available and we needed two; and since it was festival weekend nothing else in town was available. The owner offered for me to sleep on the couch, which would have been fine, since it was quite a comfortable, homey sort of hostel. But one guy never showed up to claim his bed, so I ended up with a bed after all. So it worked out ok! The hostel owner was much more flustered by the whole situation than I was.

Lovett's is a hostel within a home, so it felt more comfortable than a lot of other places I've stayed at. The other people in our room were friendly and we ended up going to the pubs together both nights. The bathrooms were clean, the rooms spacious, and we had a kitchen to utilize. Dingle is a small town, so there's no worries about walking distance. It was really accessible, and I'd be happy to stay there again if I got the chance to return to Dingle.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JuliaMichelle
Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

It was cheap but look we look we came for a stag just 3 of us and this ticked the box really,beds were fine it was warm, showers are a bit questionable..owner was a little off putting and no real parking just kerbed it.. Dingle is a great town though so only used lovetts to satisfy 8hrs of sleeping and nothing more

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Conor F
Jena, Thüringen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Lovett's for 2 nights. It was nice and very clean, also the staff was helpful and friendly. Still I have two complaints:
- Signs at the doors the visitors are not supposed to enter would have been very useful, because more often than not I was quite unsure about it.
- It's stated that the hostel has internet, and it does, but somehow it was so slow that I couldn't load even one page online, and I tried for hours. In the end, I even got in trouble after leaving the Lovett's because I couldn't check my e-mails. Too bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo