“An Inspirational Lodge.”

Ranked #44 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“An Inspirational Lodge.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

After recently discovering the beauty of Kerry and of course Dingle, I came across this wonderful lodge, not too far from where I was visiting. It is in the traditional village of Anascaul. As I writer, I found it very peaceful to rest my head here and to think. I stayed here for a few days and mixed with the locals, ate and drank at the local pubs and of course rested my head on the this b and b's fair pillows.
This is a unique place to stay, with its traditional thatch roof , warming yellow colour and of course its daring red door, ever inviting; this house should be on anyones list for a visit in this area. True to its character its traditional yet completely modern. Decorated with the best of decor, furnitiure and of course art . It mixes the beauty of the scenery and location with its actual interior beauty, so that the guest can feel completely at home , yet well rested enough to feel one is on holiday.
Its a peaceful house, with its own personality, and after spending time there, I found it a very "inspirational lodge". Ideal location, ideal feel and of course- its staff make it the best house there is. I will be back! There is nothing better than waking up , looking out the window at the green fields and feeling like that you truely belong there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back of the house, there you can see the green fields and the sheep!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Wow! What a beautiful place to stay when visiting and exploring Co. Kerry. We got a beautiful double room, the furnishings, sheets and room itself, was stunning . Pretty cool guesthouse which was close to lots of pubs . This guesthouse, I found was very big and very spacious. The breakfast area was light and airy and had lots of nice linens and breakfast bowls. A very inspirational place to stay on a visit in Kerry. The girl in the reception area too was very friendly and kind and showed us to our room. Such a kind polite, hostess!! We would most certainly stay here again when we will hopefully return in the future. Top marks to Inspiration Lodge!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here as part of our Paddywagon tour. I had expected to stay down the block at the Ardrinane, but this lodge is a fairly new B and B owned I believe by Paddywagon. It was a great place to stay and I am so happy we stayed here. The bed was comfortable and we had a blast next door with Karaoke night at the Randy Leprechaun pub. What made the B and B excellent was the service. Therese was very warm and welcoming. She let us know if there was anything we needed to give her a call. She cooked a nice Irish breakfast and also cooked dinner next door at the pub, so we never had to go anywhere else. What also makes this place ideal is that it looks like a cottage. It was very clean as well. Paddywagon did a great job with this place and couldn't have a better people working there. So this is the place to stay in Anascaul!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband surprised me and booked us in here for a romantic stay in this quiet haven in Anascaul. The B and B is a fabulous looking building, made to look like the traditional cottage of days gone by. The village it is situated in, is perfectly quiet and country like, with great pubs and you can blend in with the locals. The rooms are perfect, beautiful , with clean white linen, and wood floors to die for! The bathroom was spotless also. I loved the fact that in the mornings when you woke up you could hear the sheep in the nearby fields. It was very beautiful in the surrounding areas. If I could return tomorrow , I would. The hearty breakfast was a bonus! The South Pole pub is nearby , just down the road and has fabulous history inside. This village is so quaint , and Inspiration Lodge is truly amazing!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gemma P
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 9, 2013

New construction. clean. echos. you could hear the water running in a bathroom on the other side of 3 closed doors.
good bed. low quality product at breakfast.
we were there on a quiet night. this place is right next to a hostel and has potential to be pretty noisy.
not great but cheaper than other places.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The first issue was how to get in. Having booked a nice b&b in the middle of nowhere I was a bit disappointed to find we were part of the Randy Leprechaun Hostel with the "Paddy Waggon" parked outside.
In the end that didn't cause an issue it was a small quiet group.
The room and decor of the b&b looks lovely but the tiled floors did mean noise carried and even the slightest movement of fellow guests echoed everywhere.
Breakfast was ok but we were put together with the hostel party on a long table.
The girl who let us in and served breakfast was lovely but it feels like a bolt on to the hostel and the homely personal service of the other b&bs we've visited in Ireland was lacking.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank GeordieGirl99
Hythe, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

What a place. We felt almost like royalty here, especially after sleeping in the bed - the pillows were just perfect, the doona/duvet was so soft and ... cloud like and the beds themselves were the most comfortable beds that anyone in our group (all 13 of us) had ever slept on.
There was a massage chair at the top of the stairs which I took advantage of for about an hour - had to get off for dinner or I could've stayed there longer reading my book.
Our room was a triple, a single bed and a queen bed. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was clean and the shower was awesome too - hot with great pressure.
Wi-fi could be had on the 1st floor while laying back in a recliner.
All in all the BEST B&B I have ever been to. Definitely recommend to anyone traveling that way.

Room Tip: They are all perfect
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends