“Amazing food and service”

The Boatyard Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 76 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the very best of fresh Dingle and Kerry produce, our fish comes straight to us from the local fishing boats and our meats and vegetables come from local farmers in the area. Lobster, Crab Claws, Clams, Prawns, Monkfish, Calamari........ Succulent Steaks, Home-made Burgers, Kerry Lamb, Gluten Free Dishes (including our classic Fish 'n Chips)....... Sinful Desserts.......... A fully Licensed Bar. Enjoy our tasteful nautical decor that celebrates the maritime traditions of Dingle, our fresh bright ambiance with soft cushions and furnishings, and on a special evening, experience the glow of a Dingle Peninsula sunset as it casts its last rays over the harbour.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Crab claws are amazing service is superb went as a three and had no problem getting a table outside in the sun. highly recommended

1  Thank zigglepig
There are newer reviews for The Boatyard Restaurant

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant is just a couple blocks from the main tourist area in Dingle. It is worth the very short walk. I ordered crab salad on toast and my wife had sea bass. Although the 'sea bass' looked and tasted more like freshwater bass than something from the sea, both dishes were delicious. We would return to the Boatyard Restaurant if we have another chance.

2  Thank CliffKol
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The atrium is a fabulous place to congregate for lunch and an Irish coffee. Here you can enjoy great food and contemplate where you went last night and where to go tonight. Great view of the street overlooking the harbor. On a pretty day you can sit outdoors and look at the bay. One of the only spots in dingle were you can see the water from a restaurant.

1  Thank Julietravelbug
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We walked into this little seafood joint about ten seconds before the 'soft Irish weather' started lashing down like it was never gonna quit.

We sat in a cozy little sunroom-type area with a nice view of the water. We had never eaten oysters before and we figured this was as good as place as any to try them out. We asked the waitress about them and she was kind enough to talk us through the process. They were outstanding.

After the bivalves slid down the hatch, we moved on to the Atlantic platter.

In a word: Excellent.

In a whole bunch of words: This was some seriously good seafood. The fried fish was crispy and hot, the chowder was thick and full of good stuff, the crab claws (served without the exterior armor plating) were delicious but the real standout was the mussel/clam combo. The mussels outnumber the clams about two to one, and as good as they were, they couldn't hold a candle to those clams. I thought I was going to have to fight my wife for the last one, but she solved that problem by just swiping it while I was finishing my Guinness.

All's fair in love and shellfish.

1  Thank PowerThrough
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had lunch here with a few friends after visiting the coast and walking around the beautiful town. The food was great, and the service was friendly, but what impressed me most was that the owners did not hesitate to ship my favorite coat to my student apartment in Cork when I emailed them to say I'd left it behind. I definitely recommend taking in their delicious food and wonderful view in addition to their kind hospitality.

1  Thank cgaraudy