“Dingle - a little piece of Heaven!!”

and 1 more site!
Harbour Nights Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 76 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2009

In July 3 friends and I went to Dingle for a weekend away, booked into Harbour nights, it was a fantastic visit! As soon as we got there Kathleen made us feel welcome an showed us to our rooms, rooms were lovely an beds were very comfortable and the shower was amazing!! GREAT!! Hit Dingle town the first night and had a great time, full Irish the next morning was lovely hitting the spot just right! Met Sean and Kathleen who again were lovely, it truly was a home away from home, very relaxed atmosphere and just what I#d look for in a B and B, my friends and I will definately be going back!! Thanks Sean and Kathleen and all in Harbour nights!! Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed two nights at Harbour Nights near the start of our Ireland adventure. Dingle was our second destination, and I was still awaiting the arrival of my suitcase (thanks a lot Delta!). When I informed Kathleen of this,so that she was aware of the situation, I was a bit put off by her comments... all I kept hearing was "you're never going to see your suitcase again" and other statements like that. She has a very brusque personality - definitely not overly friendly - so perhaps it was just that difference; but nevertheless, whether true to not - it isn't what your guests want to hear, you know? (My suitcase DID arrive while we were in Dingle, by the way!).
During our stay we encountered Kathleen, her young daughter and the young woman who works there. (We never saw Sean while there... ?)
Breakfasts were fine - but a few more choices would be nice. If you don't wish for the "full Irish", your only other option is a yogurt,/cheese/fruit plate - consisting of a flavored yogurt (no choice there), two pieces of cheese, canned fruit cocktail and a banana. Not stellar. The brown bread WAS wonderful though!

I must admit, the dog (quite large) was a big problem. He/she (? never was told the name of it ?) jumps on you the second you enter the grounds from the street, or leave your car. And proceeds to jump on you (wet, muddy paws and all) until you enter the building. Then, if the dog happens to enter the building through the sliding glass door when you do, you are chastised by the staff. (Newsflash - it isn't my job to keep your dog in line!) There was NEVER any apology made about the dogs behavior, nor any mention of it all. It was atrocious! (for the record... I love dogs, and I work with children - so I have the "voice" of authority necessary to tell the dog "down". It didn't listen. Ever). This was a major issue.
The room (#10) was very basic and on the small side. We had requested (with some confusion) an upper floor "harbour view" room with a balcony - which we did get, and appreciated greatly. The bedroom itself was much more like your local motel chain - thin, horribly patterned bedspread, etc... than a B&B. Expect an Inn/Motel atmosphere, not that of a B&B. However, the bathroom was the saving grace... AWESOME shower... tons of hot water, and water pressure that darn near flung you out of the cubicle! Definitely the best shower of our trip!
Dingle was my one of my favorite spots on our trip... and I hope to return, just probably not to Harbour Nights, unless necessary.

1  Thank Angela B
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Harbour Nights is a wonderful B & B in a great location and run by Kathleen and Sean who are happy to show guests what Irish hospitality is all about. We had a room on the bay side with a spectacular view of Dingle Bay. The room was clean and comfortable and the service by outstanding. Kathleen made us feel right at home and provided many great tips on what to do and where to go. She was like my Irish cousin!
We stayed at Harbour Nights because of a recommendation by travel editor Rick Steves and we can now understand why Steves was so positive about this B & B. In terms of location, it's a little bit of a walk, maybe 10 or 15 minutes at the most, from the center of town where most of the action is, especially pubs, but that is a good thing because it's definitely quieter than it would be if located closer to the center.
Kathleen and Sean have put a lot of their souls into this B & B and it is an excellent value in terms of price. They include a very substantial Irish breakfast every morning, and considering how expensive food is in Ireland these days, it's great that that is included.
We stayed in Dingle for a week and used it as the base for our exploration of Western Ireland and we're happy that we made that choice and followed the recommendation of Rick Steves. We would not hesitate to return the next time we are in that part of Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We stayed two nights at Harbour Nights B and B in Dingle--and wished we could have stayed longer. This is a most pleasant establishment--contemporary in style, spacious, and very clean. The hosts, Kathleen and Sean, are very accommodating, charming, and eager to make recommendations about visiting local restaurants, pubs, and all the sights on the Dingle Peninsula. We had asked for a "harbor view" room--and received that indeed. Very picturesque, even in the perhaps ever-present drizzle. Harbour Nights is located along the harbor, just a 5-10 minute walk to the heart of Dingle Town--and even less than that to some very decent pubs!. If you are planning to drive around the Dingle Peninisula , Harbour Nights is right on the road out of town--very convenient. For the WWW-dependent, the establishment provides free use of a connected PC in the lovely lounge overlooking the harbor. Breakfasts were very well made and more than ample.

Reviewed May 31, 2009

We found the people at Harbour Nights very committed to our comfort and convenience. The facility is brand new inside yet still has that Irish village charm outside. It's right in town easy walking distance to all the pubs. The breakfast room overlooks the harbor and the staff work very hard to make everything perfect... I'm really not exaggerating these folks were great.

1  Thank TravelingWithSeamus
Reviewed May 30, 2009

We were a little worried about how the stay would pan out, after having issues reserving the room with our credit card on their website. But our time at Harbour Nights was great.....nice view, great location, and great price (80 Euros a night). The breakfast was good, and seemed to satisfy everyone there. Our rooms were good sized, and had a great view of the bay. The new puppy was adorable, but don't worry, he was outside. :)

1  Thank Bolin78
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Just returned from 2 weeks in Ireland, and the Harbour Nights was a hidden treasure on my trip. The Owners made me feel very comfortable in a B&B. I am in the hotel business in the states, and this was really something different for me. The service level was extremely good, the room was very comfortable and my first FULL IRISH BREAKFAST was really good, the breakfast room was super !! I actually ran into another guest and his companion in Cork 2 days later, who agreed the place was very charming. The B&B is just beyond the downtown parking lot, but making for a good enjoy walk after dinner in town. kathleen & Sean were great hosts for an American traveler in Ireland. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo