“Unforgettable hospitality”

Heaton's Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Heaton's for 2 nights in September. As the Irish say, it was "grand"! The hotel is perfectly located, just a short walk from the center of Dingle. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful about driving, hiking and restaurants in the area. The rooms were sparkling clean and beautifully decorated. And the best part...breakfast! Possibly the best breakfast I will ever have...fresh fruit, warm scones, meat, cheese, pastries, muesli, eggs and traditional Irish porridge cooked to order. I cannot recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingMom201075
There are newer reviews for Heaton's Guesthouse

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We selected Heaton's Guesthouse on the advice of our daughter who stayed there a few years ago and various reviews on Trip Advisor and elsewhere. All of the reviews were right on point. We had a lovely and spacious room for our 3 night stay, overlooking the Dingle Bay. The owner met us upon arrival (we had driven on a Sunday from Kenmare, doing the Ring of Kerry and Ring of Skilling that day), and helped us with late plans for dinner that night. Heaton's has a reputation for the best breakfast in Dingle, and their reputation is well placed. They offered a fair assortment of breakfast options, all cooked to order. One of my complaints with breakfast in Ireland is that eggs were always overcooked (for US tastes), but Heaton's did much better than others. The wait staff at breakfast was extremely polite and friendly, and provided prompt service. However, since the breakfast room was bright and sunny and provided great views of Dingle Bay, a long leisurely breakfast was most enjoyable. The Guesthouse is located just out of the "downtown" area, with a pleasant 5 minute walk to restaurants and shops. We chose to walk rather than drive into town since parking could be an issue, and if available, was fairly expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tallahassee-Bob
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff/owner at Heaton's couldn't have been more accomodating. They purchased a lovely bottle of wine for my husband's birthday and sent back some jewelry that was left behind. They gave us some great tips for dinner. Our breakfast was out of this world and we didn't need to eat the rest of the day. Our room was nice and the view overlooking the bay was sensational. It is a sweet place that I would highly recommend. To top it off, prices are reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I (along with my parents) stayed here for two nights in mid-August. We stayed in some wonderful B&Bs during our time in Ireland, but this one may have been the best. Cameron greeted us as we arrived in the afternoon. He was very personable--helpful and suggested some local activities. I also had to print something off while I was there and I emailed the document to Cameron (who then printed it out for me).

The accommodations themselves were top-notch. Our room had a great view of the water, and WIFI was readily available. The breakfast was incredible--outstanding staff serving an incredible variety of food options.

This was a great place. This town (Dingle) and area (Dingle Peninsula) was my favorite of all the places we visited during our vacation to Ireland. Also, be sure to set aside most of an entire day to do the Slea Head drive. It's well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Arrived after a stupendous drive over Connors Pass. Welcomed by Cameron who gave us good advice on a pub within walking distance. Rooms were spotless. Breakfast was as advertised -excellent food served by the host in a lovely bright dining room. Good location to start the Slea Head drive. Would stay again without hesitation

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Blindsquirrel7
Reviewed September 3, 2013

B&Bs should aspire to be like this one! Moderately priced in an over priced town. 10 minute walk down into the center of town. Clean. Friendly. Lovely food. I felt really comfortable in the room and found it a handy base to take off in the car for a spin around the cliffs. The town is pretty small so this B&B is pretty handy and a great value for the price.

Small perk - the blowdryer was kind of amazing. Which is useful in windy and wet west Kerry :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie W
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Welcome Home! That's how we felt when we arrived at Heaton's. Cameron greeted us and showed us to our beautiful room overlooking the Bay. I loved all the antiques throughout. Cameron gave us great recommendations for dinner that evening... In fact, he and his wife had lunch at one of the places earlier that day!

Our room was quite nice... Comfy beds, well-stocked bathroom with plenty of towels, hot water, and toiletries. Breakfast the next morning was delicious... Omelet for me and Scrambled Eggs with Cheese for my husband and daughter. Great job, Chef David! The Bread and Butter Pudding was to die for!!! Never mind the calories - we were on vacation!

Location is great for touring the Dingle Peninsula... Turn off just around the bend! Don't miss staying at Heaton's - it's everything and Bed and Breakfast should be and more!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family