“amazing place”

Dingle Skellig Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed April 1, 2014

this hotel is in a beautiful setting. the scenery and view from the hotel is perfect.really close to the village with all its lovely restaurants.The breakfast is the best choice i have ever seen.child friendly hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,683)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Spent three nights in this wonderful hotel. It was fantastic. I can not fault it – from the setting to the fantastic staff everything was 100%. Reception staff were welcoming and obliging. Bar food very tasty and reasonably priced. Leisure and Spa area very good with an excellent outdoor hot tub. Staff in all areas of the hotel were warm, friendly and helpful.

The hotel is set on the edge of the water and there are breath taking views and lovely walks. The hotel interior is very comforting with luscious décor and numerous areas with open fires where you can just sit back and relax.

Look forward to visiting again

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is my third visit to this hotel and each time i leave feeling refreshed and happy after my stay. Staff go out of their way to make you feel at home, so friendly and accommodating. Had a wonderful facial from Ella in the spa and relaxed in the outdoor hot tub many times during stay. Breakfast is really good with plenty of tastes catered for as well as plenty of newspapers free daily.
Great spacious rooms to chill out and relax, read or whatever you desire in this hotel - will be back again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

An amazingly well run , family friendly Hotel . Such a fab experience can't recommend highly enough and will defiantly be back . I would rate the breakfast selection as the best I have ever seen anywhere . Loads of activities to keep the kids busy and give mum & dad some alone time 5stars all around

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here with a group for a weekend. Its a lovely hotel with lots of public space (big lobby, bar etc). The lobby has recently been renovated and is very nice. There is also a lovely library room with big fire.

The room was a little small and was probably not as nice as the rest of the hotel. It had a double bed and a single bed but there was not a lot of other space in the room. It had an old style 4:3 tv with no HDMI input so I just watched some videos on my laptop.

The meal in the restaurant was very nice - we had a nice space for our group. The breakfast the next morning was very good. The breakfast was buffet style but I didn't know until afterwards that you could order items (crepes/pancakes etc) from a menu as well.

We used the outdoor hot tube in the SPA and that was good fun. It was separate from the main leisure centre so it was a bit quieter.

There were lots of families there while we were there.

The staff were very friendly and helpful through the stay - more than most hotels I've stayed in.

Location is good as well - there are lovely views from the dining room. It's probably about a 10 min walk down into Dingle itself.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank dee153
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I setup an account just so i can say the following!

We got married here on Saturday and what a fantastic time we had. Sheila, Rosarie and Graham couldn't have been more helpful from the minute i contacted them about having our reception there. And as i live in Toronto they were a huge help to me as i had no idea how to tackle everything from here so they provided lots of tips and often reached out to me as i am not the most organized person :)

The views are second to none! We had over a 100 people in from out of town and i couldnt wait for them to see the spectacular views of the Kerry coast and luckily enough on march 15th there was blue blue skies and everyone got to enjoy it to the fullest!

The cocktail reception was fantastic - as i was in picture mode i only got to try the black pudding and pear but this was yum!

I cheekily asked to delay our meal by almost an hour so our guests could watch the ireland rugby 6 nations game (which Ireland won) and the hotel obliged and on cue rang the bell as soon as they saw an opportunity after the game ended and the celebrations subsided! Im so glad we waited until the end of the game as this only added to the overall mood of the night!

The wedding reception meal was outstanding and with filet steak as an option i was thrilled to hear afterwards that everyones steak was cooked to perfection and at their preferred temp. With nearly 200 people having dinner this was an amazing achievement.

We had the trio appetizer of fish cake, chicken caesar and a tartlet - just delicious, esp the fishcake!
Then potato leek soup - served piping hot and delicious.
Our mains were trio of fish, filet steak or chicken stuffed with black pudding. I had the chicken - sooooo tasty and very good portion but not too much as this was a 4course meal, my husband had the steak - cooked to perfection and came with its own chorizo mash and my maid of honour had the fish and she loved it and was pleasantly surprised at the portion size!
Dessert was a trio - fruit crumble - I'm not a cinnamon fan so this wasnt for me but i know this is a guest favourite so had it as an option, chocolate soufflé - loved this and ice cream.

Overall i cant recommend the Skellig enough. These are professionals and you are in safe safe hands and they are always on hand to give you their advice when you are unsure and they were right eachtime. I wouldn't change a thing of our time there.

Thank you for making our wedding reception the most memorable night of our lives. When I'm home to kerry again I will sure to be back for some fishcakes :)

Diane and Adrian Guinan

I will post some of our photographer pics of the views once i get them.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife, daughter and I stayed in the Skelling Hotel in Dingle last week for 2 nights in our week long visit to Ireland. First of all, we drove from Galway to Dingle. Don't believe what you read about driving and roads in Ireland. The main roads are very manageable and driving on the left is something you get quite used to. I do recommend a GPS.
Dingle is a beautiful town. Very relaxing, clean and comfortable. It was my daughter's favorite spot in Ireland. If your trip includes Slea Head (and it should) you should spend at least 2 nights in Dingle to relax properly and enjoy your visit. Skellig Hotel is a very nice resort style hotel. Rooms and fixtures are clean and comfortable. This is a real hotel, not a bed and breakfast. There is a bar and fine restaurant at the hotel. Food was great. Staff was pleasant and helpful. It is easy to recommend Skellig Hotel. You will be comfortable here. The hotel is on the east end of town and just a short few blocks into the main restaurant and shopping area right on the marina. Don't even think this place if Fisherman's Wharf in SF. Dingle is beautiful and we enjoyed it a great deal and were glad we stayed at Skellig Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 338 and especially enjoyed the larger room and the view of Dingle Bay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family