“Needs a bit of investment ....”

Dingle Skellig Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I like this hotel and it's easy feeling. That said they could do with investing some money in it. There is many a Holiday Inn that is more modern than this place. But it's still got a good mood about it, relax, have a few pints, eat some good food and if you have kids let them run free. (for those with out, there are many quiet spots). Dingle itself is second to none and most people will enjoy the easy air that it exudes. One, if not my favourite spot on the Island of Ireland.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
GrahamFitz1, General Manager at Dingle Skellig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our relaxing atmosphere and thank you for your nice comments about our food. I would also like to take this opportunity to reassure you that there is a continual re investment programme in place here at the hotel and we hope that you wiill visit again soon.

Kind regards
Graham Fitzgerald

Write a ReviewReviews (1,683)

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel had everything I wanted. Great food, Friendly helpful staff, Creche, Kids meals, Kids Club, Excellent Swimming pool, clean rooms, good car parking etc...

I would go back to Dingle just to stay in this Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark C
GrahamFitz1, General Manager at Dingle Skellig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our food and our facilities and we hope to see you for a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Just back after spending week-end at Dingle Skellig Hotel. Had a most enjoyable break. Receptionist at check in on Friday afternoon 23rd was very pleasent and efficient, there were four of us and while reception was busy we encountered no delay. Our rooms were spacious, adjacent to one another and spotless. We ate in the bar 1st night, restaurent the 2nd night, top marks to chef on both occasions, food was excellent. Breakfast was also very good with a large choice of both hot and cold foods. Kevin the lovely French Guy was on duty Saturday night, definately an asset to the hotel. Amelia who just had recently started working at the hotel served our table and was most courteous. The house-keeping ladies Ada and Kasia were on hand each morning carrying out their duties most efficiently. We managed to fit in a swim and pool was very nice, staff there also very friendly. This hotel is in an excellent location looking out on beautiful Dingle Bay, lovely walk through the fields along the bay. Dingle town is also within walking distance. In my opinion this is a very well run hotel and I would highly recommend it. We look forward to returning again and the glorious sunshine over the week-end just added to our enjoyment. Thank you to all at Dingle Skelligs, you are doing and excellent job, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and it was perfect, spaceous, bright and airy with no noise,
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Philisity

Thank you very much for your kind words relating to your recent stay with us here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted to read your compliments about our food and that you enjoyed all of our facilities. I have passed on your very kind words to the many members of staff that you mentioned and we hope to get the opportunity to welcom you back again for another visit in the near future.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

The Dingle Skellig Hotel is one of the best places to stay for relaxation. From the moment you step into the hotel you can feel the calm atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed the spa services we could use for no extra cost which included the sauna and the outdoor jacuzzi with complimentary juice and fruit. There was also treatments available but unfortunatley could not make an appointment as there was only 1 therapist. We had dinner the first night in the bar and I wasnt too gone on it but the second night we had dinner in the restaurant and it was amazing!! The scenery is also spectacular right beside the water and Dingle town is only 5 minute walk. I will say I think the rooms are a bit old style but I got over that quickly. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank misscasey1990

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our Spa & Leisure facilities and also your dinner in our Coastguard Restaurant.

We hope to see you again for a future stay.

Your truly

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Spent 2 nights in this calm hotel. From the moment we arrived i felt myself unwinding - very friendly reception staff right through to the restaurant/spa and other staff. Its so nice when someone looks you in the eye and says "hello, and how are you today"|and with meaning!
It probably helped that it was as usual very damp on arrival so no choice but to go the pool/spa area and unwind. Food in the bar was terrific and ate there both nights. What i really liked about this place is the spacious areas within the hotel, 2 lovely large reading rooms with fires -perfect after breakfast to chill out with all the daily papers or anytime. Has a spa treatment and this put me to sleep - it worked! Megan was terrific and lovely calming area. Cannot think of anything to change around this Hotel.
Already looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AnnabellCork

Thank you for posting your experiences during your recent stay with us here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and facilities and I have passed on your kind words to our therapist Megan.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again to the hotel for another visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I love staying here brilliant has every thing a little expensive I would come twice a year of the price was better still a piece of heaven

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Marytubritt
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last week with my friend and her 5 year old daughter.
We found the hotel to be very spacious if you wished to sit to read a quiet book or newspaper, to relax with a coffee for a quiet chat. The children had great space to play around the hotel. Activities for the children were great from painting, cooking, bouncing castles to name but a few. There is also movies during the day for the children to watch. My friends daughter used to go to the activities and was delighted to make new friends.

The staff we found very friendly in the dining room for dinner and for breakfast.

The food for dinner was very good and there was a great variety for breakfast.

The bar staff were very friendly and I must one in particular was Bar Manager Danny Cahill was very friendly which was great to find out how to make the best from our break.

Sheila

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sheilaodonn09

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our food and facilities and that your frirnds daughter enjoyed her time with our Fungi Kids Club. I have also passed on your kind words to Danny in our Bar.

I hope that you will visit the hotel for another stay in the near future.