“Relaxing”

Dingle Skellig Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The Dingle Skellig Hotel is one of the best places to stay for relaxation. From the moment you step into the hotel you can feel the calm atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed the spa services we could use for no extra cost which included the sauna and the outdoor jacuzzi with complimentary juice and fruit. There was also treatments available but unfortunatley could not make an appointment as there was only 1 therapist. We had dinner the first night in the bar and I wasnt too gone on it but the second night we had dinner in the restaurant and it was amazing!! The scenery is also spectacular right beside the water and Dingle town is only 5 minute walk. I will say I think the rooms are a bit old style but I got over that quickly. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank misscasey1990
GrahamFitz1, General Manager at Dingle Skellig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our Spa & Leisure facilities and also your dinner in our Coastguard Restaurant.

We hope to see you again for a future stay.

Your truly

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Spent 2 nights in this calm hotel. From the moment we arrived i felt myself unwinding - very friendly reception staff right through to the restaurant/spa and other staff. Its so nice when someone looks you in the eye and says "hello, and how are you today"|and with meaning!
It probably helped that it was as usual very damp on arrival so no choice but to go the pool/spa area and unwind. Food in the bar was terrific and ate there both nights. What i really liked about this place is the spacious areas within the hotel, 2 lovely large reading rooms with fires -perfect after breakfast to chill out with all the daily papers or anytime. Has a spa treatment and this put me to sleep - it worked! Megan was terrific and lovely calming area. Cannot think of anything to change around this Hotel.
Already looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AnnabellCork

Thank you for posting your experiences during your recent stay with us here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and facilities and I have passed on your kind words to our therapist Megan.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again to the hotel for another visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I love staying here brilliant has every thing a little expensive I would come twice a year of the price was better still a piece of heaven

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Marytubritt
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last week with my friend and her 5 year old daughter.
We found the hotel to be very spacious if you wished to sit to read a quiet book or newspaper, to relax with a coffee for a quiet chat. The children had great space to play around the hotel. Activities for the children were great from painting, cooking, bouncing castles to name but a few. There is also movies during the day for the children to watch. My friends daughter used to go to the activities and was delighted to make new friends.

The staff we found very friendly in the dining room for dinner and for breakfast.

The food for dinner was very good and there was a great variety for breakfast.

The bar staff were very friendly and I must one in particular was Bar Manager Danny Cahill was very friendly which was great to find out how to make the best from our break.

Sheila

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sheilaodonn09

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our food and facilities and that your frirnds daughter enjoyed her time with our Fungi Kids Club. I have also passed on your kind words to Danny in our Bar.

I hope that you will visit the hotel for another stay in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had a lovely night in the Skelligs hotel. It is a great family-focused hotel and only a walk-away from the town. We shared a room with our three children (which was tight but comfortable) with a double and two single beds (our kids are 5, 7 & 9). There was a kids club there that proved very popular with our kids and also gave us time out to have an "adult meal" on our own. The only downside to our meal was that the restaurant was freezing cold - so a sea view does come at a price! But staff were very friendly and the food was good (especially if you like sea-food). Overall the hotel decor could probably do with a little updating - but everywhere was very clean and staff were very hospitable, friendly and very welcoming. If I would look for an improvement it would only be to offer a family room (for a family of 5) - though I am sure that might be more expensive and therefore we might not have been able to afford it. I would love to have spent longer there, and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for posting the review of your recent visit to the Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted to see that both you and your children enjoyed our facilities. I am disappointed to learn that you were cold in the Restaurant as this is not usually the case but am delighted that you enjoyed our food and your experience with our staff.

I hope to welcome you and your family for a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at the Dingle Skellig with our kids. The children were thrilled with the kids club, games room and movie room not to mention the pool. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The food in bar and restaurant and in kids dining area was all very tasty. Loved the seafood platter at the bar. Cannot recommned this hotel enough for families with children who

3  Thank DianeMayo

Thank you for posting your recent expweriences while staying with us here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay, our facilities and our food. I hope to see you back again for a return visit in the near future.

Yours truly,

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Great hotel, great amenities for families with children ... Kids club, pool, kids tea, movie room, klub with play station, Xbox and pool room for older kids. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and Anthony in the bar deserves a special mention! Rooms are cosy and beds are comfortable. Excellent food with a great breakfast selection. Short walk into town. Lovely grounds.

4  Thank SiveenAnn

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and I have passed on your kind compliments to Anthony in our Bar.

We hope to see you again in the near future.