“Sciuird Archaeology Tours” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sciuird Archaeological Tours

Sciuird Archaeological Tours
Ranked #10 of 25 Tours in Dingle
More attraction details
Owner description: A tour of the artifacts left behind by early Christian and ancient civilizations on the Dingle Peninsula.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Sciuird Archaeology Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband was not looking forward to the curvy, narrow drive for the Dingle Loop trip. We were staying at Heaton's Guesthouse in Dingle harbor, and they suggested the tour run by Tim Collins who owns Sciuird. Best decision we could have made! The fourteen passenger van had an excellent sound system andTim possesses an amazing amount of knowledge to share. He has the Irish quick wit, an obvious love of his Dingle Peninsula, and had the answer to any question asked. At 20 Euros per person, this trip is a great value. Do not hesitate to book with Tim and leave the driving to a pro. We were prepared to do the self tour described in Rick Steve's book, but are very happy to have had a local guide. While I understand he sometimes books up, we were able to get two spots the afternoon before. The van picks up and drops off at your hotel or B&B.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank susanne a

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“great tour perfect mix of fascinating archaeological sites and the natural beauty of the dingle peninsula”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

My friend and I were reluctant to drive during our travels around Ireland and we had a very difficult time finding a minivan tour company in dingle before we arrived. However, upon arrival we were directed to the Sciurd tour by the tourist information office and it has definitely been a highlight of the trip. A nice small group, Michael is very informed about the history and archaeology of the region. Frequent stops, viewpoints, jokes and regional fun facts made it the perfect half a day trip that I would recommend to anyone who is without a car visiting the dingle area.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank SiobhanEK
Washignton DC
“Great Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2008

My friend and I ( both 23 yr old girls) went to Dingle in the fall, and we took the Sciuird Archeological tour. I believe it is run by Tim Collins, but our guide was his son Michael. Michael was a great guide, and his stories and explanations about the Dingle peninsula kept my ADD at bay ( most of the time!).
The only part of the tour I found to be a little annoying was the Beehive hut, which was very interesting in itself, but was literally crawling with a huge crowd of French tourists, so it was difficult to really see the hut, or hear the explanation about it.
I would highly reccomend this tour, and I have told members of my family to check it out as well. A side bonus for the ladies is that even if it's raining. if you get Michael as your guide, the scenery is always pleasant!