“Great place for lunch”
Review of Chowder Cafe - CLOSED

Chowder Cafe
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a small restaurant serving breakfast using locally made bacon, puddings and sausages along with local free range eggs. We also have pancakes with fresh fruit and maple flavour syrup. served 10-12, Our lunch menu 12-4 is about Dingle fresh fish and Irish meat. Our Chowder is recommended We do have a great Club sandwich menu including veggie ones. Please note that we are a small kitchen which means we cannot cater for gluten/nut allergies, also vegans should be aware of our limitations. Regarding credit/debit cards we don't accept them as the bank charges we are offered are too high.We would rather keep our prices as reasonable as possible.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stopped here for lunch--nice selection of items. Goat cheese bruschetta for me, sausages for one and a sandwich for another. Did not have chowder but it looked good. Very casual place with friendly service.

1  Thank newtowners

Reviewed March 22, 2013

On a wet, wild Dingle day, the seafood chowder ticked all the boxes, and didn't disappoint. My husband also enjoyed his traditional bangers and mash. I had a taste and the sausages were certainly delicious. I really like how the source of the produce is given, down to the farmer's name. The cafe is small and filled quickly. Although there is a bit of a wait, the wine and beer are cheap and help to take off the chill. No wifi.

1  Thank jayjay163
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A little local cafe... not many tables but the seafood chowder was incredible! Fresh and savory - not to be missed!

2  Thank KathieSaltz
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am a Fish & Chips fanatic from the US. Started loving it from Sheboygan WI where there was an old Irish family that made Fish & Chips by the lake there. I get Fish & Chips everywhere, but never matched thiers. So, coming to Ireland I was excited to taste Fish & Chips from here. I have been eating it pretty much everywhere and thought I had found the best in Dublin at a take out place there, but who would have known about this place in Dingle. The best Fish & Chips I have tasted yet... It was perfectly cooked Haddock, and the batter.. OMG... I wish I could go back and eat it again this trip. Also, I don't like when people mess with their tartar sauces, but this one was different, and also delicious.. The service was great too. This is a must stop place for Fish & Chip lovers. I raved so much, another American there eating something else today says she will definately go back tomorrow for Fish & Chips. Win-Win because it was delicious!! Thank you Chowder House.... Best eats this vacation! [and I paid almost $400.00 for a meal already this vacation... OUCH!] Your fish was yummier:)

1  Thank Patricia_Yue
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've eaten here a few times over the last couple of years so when in Dingle last weekend and needed lunch, I recommended Chowder as it was convenient and I'd had previous good eating experiences there. I was not disappointed this time either.
This is a busy small cafe with a basic sandwich menu and a daily hot specials board. I had fresh haddock with champ, salad and tomato sauce. Fish was beautifully cooked, there was a generous dressed side salad, champ was good and the sauce was fresh and homemade. All for €12.50, I think.
I like this cafe, it doesn't over sell itself - it is good, fresh food - well cooked and served by friendly staff at a reasonable price. They also have a basic wine list and a handfull of Irish craft beers available. All good!

1  Thank The_Black_Rider