“Disappointing lunch ”
Review of Paudie's Bar

Paudie's Bar
Ranked #31 of 83 Restaurants in Dingle
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family owned business in the heart of Dingle. Free Wifi Complimentary Private Car Park Lift / Elevator Bar/Restaurant
Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

Myself and my husband decided to have lunch in Paudies bar, right facing the water and the menu looked lovely and varried which we liked but looked pricey so we thought it must be good on the Main Street and seemed to be busy. I ordered a prawn cocktail and my husband had the mussels and we ordered a chips between us. My husband had a pint of Guinness also and I just had a sparkling water. The glasses were grubby so the Guinness apparently didn’t taste great at all. The prawn cocktail was the most depressing I’ve seen- about 8 prawns sitting around the outside of a tall glass with some lettuce and a spoon of Marie Rose sauce- the brown bread that came with it was stale and all in all for €14 It was terrible. The mussels my husband
Had we’re ok but the chips we didn’t eat as the oil that they were cooked in tasted like it hadn’t been cleaned in weeks. They took the chips off the bill in fairness but needless to say we won’t be back again if visiting dingle.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 11, 2019

This pub was recommended to us by our tour bus driver, and I took it as a good sign that he not only recommended it but had a meal in there at the same time as us. The servers were very friendly, the atmosphere was nice, and the food was delicious.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019

This is a lovely bar but unfortunately the drink was fairly expensive, €6 for a vodka and when l queried it l was told it was dingle vodka which is more expensive but wasn't asked beforehand which brand l wanted so presumed i was getting smirnoff which was a lot cheaper, needless to say we only stayed for the on drink

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 21, 2019

I visited here while in Dingle for work and it was to get dinner in the early evening. On my last visit, it was extremely quiet and I had the roast of the day. Although the food was nice, the portion was relatively small considering you were paying just under €15 for a roast dinner. It may well be nice for a different meal but my experience was just average.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed May 19, 2019

Just back from a weekend away. Dingle it’s very busy town with lots of pubs & restaurant. We ate at Paudie’s Bar and it was a great experience. Efficient staff, the girl who served us gave colouring pages to keep our kids busy. Fresh Lobster and Crab salad divine! Will be back.

Date of visit: February 2019