“Finally Some Vegetables in Ireland!”
Review of Cul Gairdin Wholefood Cafe - CLOSED

Cul Gairdin Wholefood Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cul Gairdin is a Wholefood Vegetarian Restaurant & Gallery located in the heart of Dingle. The cafe offers a full vegetarian menu with daily specials, Smoothies ,scones, cakes,delicious,fresh salads, fresh pressed power drinks sweet and savoury crepes and soups. The cafe features a cozy and relaxed atmosphere with a large garden, perfect for those sunny days . Open Monday to Saturday. During July,August open 7days no bookings needed.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I loved our trip to Ireland, but after a week on the road I couldn't eat another chip or more fish! I was craving some vegetarian fare so I asked Jean at our hotel, Dingle Bay Hotel, where we could find a lunch that was heavy on the veggies. She suggested Cul Gairdin, and it was exactly what I was looking for that day. I had a fruit/vegetable smoothy, a crepe filled with spinach and creamy feta and some small side salads with the crepe. Yum!

3  Thank hge64

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Anyone visiting Dingle has got to eat here! it is just simply delicious. I had one of the best vegetarian dish here. These people really know what they are doing. Family run business, Staff very nice and friendly. The best coffee in Dingle also. This needs to be tried out for yourself. Great atmosphere and a big bright and sunny garden to relax out in (when the weather is nice) Definitely recomment and I will be back.

2  Thank Maryscally2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Their lentil burgers were incredible and one of the best I've ever tasted. Their juices were delicious and fresh and their soup was really something else. We sat outside in their backyard seating area at a picnic table. It was really sweet.

I do not recommend their crepes. Way too dry. Luckily I did not order the crepes, so my experience was seriously 5 star but my poor sisters had to suffer through dry crepes, dreaming of better times.

2  Thank taurenlegend
Reviewed August 29, 2012

First visit: We stopped in to the cafe for lunch on a rainy afternoon. They have a lovely garden area in the back that was covered. I had soup and salad. Both were amazingly fresh and tasteful. The service was prompt and pleasant. Second visit: We stopped back in here based on our first experience. We were killing time waiting for a store to open and decided to get our smoothies and salads to go as we only had a few minutes and wanted to get on the road. My sister ordered some bread and a salad, we ordered a smoothie and a juice. We waited, and waited. Finally her salad was delivered. Then we waited , and waited. Just a smoothie and a juice. We waited so long that my sister ate her salad there. Clearly they were busy with lunch customers but we were just waiting on 2 LIQUIDS! Finally, exasperated, I headed to the kitchen to tell them to not bother with the juice and smoothie, just as she arrived with them. Then I asked for the check and waited another 10 minutes. All in all, we waited 45 minutes for our drinks when we had been there for just a half hour for an entire meal before. I have no idea what was going on as far as service that day but that is probably some of the worst service I have ever seen. Our drinks really should have been free. I didn't want to write two reviews so I gave it a "Very Good" based on our first experience. But be forewarned....and don't be in a hurry.

3  Thank BLBTraveler
Reviewed August 4, 2012

beautiful little restaurant, very charming and warm welcome. If is not too cold you can take sit in the backgarden (blankets provided). Great soup of the day and main courses, amazing carrot cake and coffee.

A healthy and classy alternative to fish and chips! ;-)

enjoy your meal!