“Great Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avalon House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Avalon House
Ranked #76 of 78 Dingle B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

My Husband and I had a very positive experince staying in Avalon we were greated and welcomed beyond our expections> we had travelled from Sligo , were very tired we were offered hot Tea or Coffee or an Irish Coffee. we sat and chatted in a comfortable leather couch discussing our iterinary, what to do in Dingle, as Tom owner is an Archeologist he
filled us in on the sites in the dingle peninsula, we were informed all the great night life the pubs irish music in Dingle as there are so many to choose , its good to get the local take on where to go the reccommendations were awesome we visited many pubs during our 3 day stay , the breakfast was tasty as I am can only do gluten free, Veronica purchased special bread for me whiich I was very appreciative of. the room was cosy the bed covers were duck down comforters.good space in the room. HOT showers with good pressure Yes we have free WI Fi once we got the code.which is of the norm all over Ireland, Open WI Fi is unusual. we enjoyed our stay , have passed on the word to our friends and family which we hope to return again next yr. good luck veronica and Tom. you cant please all of the people all of the time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank emily h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Voss
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We had booked to stay in the Baywatch B&B, but arrived and were told it made more sense for us to stay in Avalon. Why this was, I don't know, but we arrived as the second of two groups in the middle of the night, so it wasn't practical to change.

Our room was a decent enough size, but was filled wall to wall with bed. The bed was a double bed and a queen size bed put together, so it was around 3 meters wide. There was a 37cm gap between the foot of the bed and the wall, so we had to shuffle our way into the room. There was enough floorspace for two suitcases and that was it.

The bathroom was dinky, and there was only hot water for 1.5 showers.

The sign over the door said tv & wi-fi, which was a lie. There was no wi-fi at all. There was a TV in the room, but it was not connected to anything, so wasn't working.

The breakfast was a choice of pancakes, scrambled egg and fried breakfast. All options were bland at best.

I am sure there are nice b&b's in Dingle, but this isn't it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank bjarnatar

Travelers are raving about these Dingle hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

My 15 year old daughter and I took a trip to Ireland last August and stayed here. We had a great stay with Veronica. Their daughter took my 15 year old on a walk about town on both days we were there and Veronica was very helpful in suggesting places for us to see. She even took me us out the first night to have a couple of pints and listen in on the sessions at the pubs the locals like to go and introduced us to her friends. The 2 nights we stayed in Dingle were some of our best memories of Ireland. The room we had was very clean and the breakfasts good too. We did travel at the end of the tourist season and it was nice to not have huge crowds around. I would stay with them again if we make it back to Ireland. We stayed at B&B's our whole 15 days of our travel and Veronica's B&B was as nice as any of them. My daughter and I were on a pretty tight budget and I had thought we'd find better deals on B&B's but they were all around this price overall within $10-$20 wherever we went in the lowest range we could find. So I thought it was comparable to everywhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank SMSTEIN
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

I can agree with what several other people have said about the place. to start with, the room were very cold, no heating put on, the dining room was cold and damp with very little professionalism by the host. The room was extremely over prices, i stayed on New Years Eve, i expected that the price was going to be a bit higher than the norm but to be paying €38 per person for the room with 4 persons in: it was excessive plus it was freezing, my friend woke up in the morning with the flu.
The showers were on the cold side of warm, the breakfast was standard nothing special...Dingle is a great town with lots of beautiful places and the people are real friendly with lots to do. There is abundance of accomadations to suit all budgets so there is lots of other places to stay for a fraction of the costs & a better experience...
I have stayed in lots of accomadaions all around the world, hotels, guesthouses, hostels, and motels and this rank as one of my least pleasant experiences.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank Dromid
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

Stayed at avalon bnb dingle two nights.. the women veronica was crazy, they frauded me of money and the service was terrible..on arrival my room was taken and i was put on a matress also charged in full...avoid this bnb, or you will be the next victim. this bnb should be closed down.. Dingle is wonderful town and i had a great time its a pity these people make it a nightmare for me

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank robinhood17
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

in a lovely little town called dingle beautiful scenery
room was terrible and very cold
food was very poor
it changed its name from the mill house to avalon house because of bad reviews
look that up

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank spiderdog99
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

While the B&B is in a great location the owner is not to be trusted. We rang the owner and said we would arrive at 19:00 on the Saturday. We gave her our credit card number as security. On our way she rang us on a few occasions to confirm we were on our way. We confirmed each time that we were and would be arriving at the agreed time.
We arrive at 19:00 on the dot and when we tried to check in she said she had given away our room because it was a very busy weekend and people kept calling asking her for a room. As there was no-where else in Dingle that weekend we were force to share a room with others. She put out mattresses on their floor and that was where we stayed.
The breakfast we received the next morning was also very poor and the advertised free wireless access didn't exist.
She cannot be trusted. Avoid at all costs. And also note she owns a number of properties in Dingle. They can be seen here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends