“Super chowder”

Doyle's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 76 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: French, Irish, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Doyle’s Seafood Restaurant. This multi award-winning restaurant is located on John Street in Dingle town, a small picturesque fishing town on the west coast of Ireland. This elegant restaurant is now being run by chef and proprietors Sean Roche and Anna Scanlon.Having trained in some of the best restaurants in Ireland and Europe, Sean now creates an array of modern dishes with a combination of robust and integral flavours.Doyle’s Seafood Restaurant endeavours to serve great food in a relaxed and friendly setting and continues to maintain a strong commitment to the sourcing of sustainable seafood, working very closely with our local suppliers to serve the best of local and seasonal produce.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant. I took advantage of the early bird special. My first course was a generous serving of seafood chowder, and it was just marvelous. The second course was fine, too. A young lady was waitressing, and I had a pleasant short conversation with her about Gaelic, which she spoke. I left with my belt punishing my waistline. I would gladly dine here again.

There are newer reviews for Doyle's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

If you love seafood start here. The food and service was amazing. I had the Spanish stew which was loaded with all kinds of seafood.
My friend had the seafood risotto and was sharing with us all. Over all service was excellent. And we really enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank Mr Vin H
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This seafood restaurant has been around in Dingle for many years. For a few years it was too expensive for us to go in, but now they have an "Early Bird Special" that is good all night that makes it more affordable. Doyle's is definately a restaurant worth trying when you're in Dingle. The Early Bird Special is 23 euros for a starter and an entree, or an entree and a dessert. I had the goat cheese bruschetta with pesto and tomatos, a rich and yummy concoction that is quite filling. Don't miss the Thai style mussels, which you can have as a starter or an entree. It's absolutely delicious; a little spicy, with excellent Thai flavors of coconut milk and lemongrass. I used a spoon to drink up all the heavenly flavors. A companion ordered the seafood trio (33 euros) which he wasn't happy with for the price, but everyone else at the table was very satisfied. As with most restaurants in Ireland you should book a reservation if you're dining at 7:00 p.m. or later, but if you come in early, you can usually be seated right away. It's well worth it.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Expensive food, not very much. Prices increased in the summer to take advantage of the tourists. Not fair in recessionary times. Would not go again.

1  Thank Dingledol
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our B&B hostess recommended this place for dinner, and we were very happy with the choice. Food was good, the wine was excellent, service and ambience were very good. Very good choice for dinner.