“Good food but expensive”

Doyle's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 76 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: French, Irish, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Doyle’s Seafood Restaurant. This multi award-winning restaurant is located on John Street in Dingle town, a small picturesque fishing town on the west coast of Ireland. This elegant restaurant is now being run by chef and proprietors Sean Roche and Anna Scanlon.Having trained in some of the best restaurants in Ireland and Europe, Sean now creates an array of modern dishes with a combination of robust and integral flavours.Doyle’s Seafood Restaurant endeavours to serve great food in a relaxed and friendly setting and continues to maintain a strong commitment to the sourcing of sustainable seafood, working very closely with our local suppliers to serve the best of local and seasonal produce.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The service here was excellent.

We went for the set menu which was €23 for 2 courses. The starters on the set menu were of a higher standard than the selection of main courses.

We were given some beautifully home-cooked bread free of charge to accompany the wine.

I had Thai style mussels which were yummy. Mrs Finnegan went for Calamari, melt in the mouth gorgeous. She had seafood Boulagnaise, which was delightful. I had the battered fish which felt a bit heavy for my liking. The mains were served with potatoes and veg, cooked to perfection.

The cheapest bottle og wine on the menu was €25.

I suppose you have to pay for quality produce.

Well worth a visit, if you want to treat yourselves.

1  Thank timfinnegan
There are newer reviews for Doyle's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed July 13, 2013

On our first day in Dingle, we were wandering the Main Street when we were approached by a friendly stranger who recommended Doyle's. Always suspicious of a paid plug, we decided on our second night to stick our head in. We were welcomed warmly, seated promptly and the friendly service staff carefully walked through the menu - explaining gluten-free options, offering a taste of three different wines, etc. We had scampi and risotto for starters (marvellous) with cod and a superb seafood linguini (wonderful). An absolutely sublime pavlova capped an amazing meal.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

On our first night in Dingle we walked around town, looked in all the restaurants and read the menus! We chose Doyles because we really liked the atmosphere and the menu. We were dressed casually and had no reservations so we didn't know what to expect. They were so accomodating and gave us a great table in the back room. We shared the seafood chowder for a starter and the flavors were incredible. I had the seafood linguine which was one of the best things I've ever eaten. The seafood was so fresh and it was loaded with all kinds, and the sauce and linguine were incredible. I didn't think I would be ordering pasta in Ireland but so happy I did. My husband ordered the roasted oyster app. for his main and loved them. Of course, he gladly helped with mine! I wish we had gone back to Doyles on our second night! And I don't know why people are saying it's too expensive because it really isn't and it's worth every penny.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We just love Dingle and all the west coast of Ireland spent the afternoon walking and got a reccomendation to try Doyles,This restaurant exceeded our expectations ,fresh seafood ,decent wine list and nice friendly service to say the least
weel done doyles

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was really tired and really hungry, and I had no reservation. I was seated with the stipulation that the table had to be free at a certain time, and I was so grateful. I had a beautiful salad of goat cheese and greens, plentiful, crunchy, nicely dressed, followed by linguine in a spicy tomato sauce, all washed down with a nice wine. I ate every bit I could and felt restored, Two glasses of wine, a starter, and a main for something like 32 Euro.