“Wonderfully comfortable”
Review of The Hideout Hostel

The Hideout Hostel
Ranked #1 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Dingle
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This place is feels like home to me. It is really comfortable, clean, safe and really friendly people. The sitting room is really much cozier than it looks. It is easy to find and central in Dingle. Micheal recommended the walk to light house which was great and I managed to see Fungi the dolphin. I stayed in a four person dorm but as it was quiet time, I had the whole room to myself and it was great. Overall fun and relaxing experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Ladyinawe

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Cage here during the off season, staff were helpful and the facilities were great. Three rooms were basic but clean. Overall good experience

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank godzillalad
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Absolutely wonderful stay. Chuck was our warden and he was warm and friendly. Our room was clean, with mismatched linens making it feel homey. The sheets had the amazing wonderful softness that comes from being washed so many times. It felt like we stayed in Grandma's guest room! Chuck filled us in on GREAT tips for dinner, and gave us ideas on where to hit for the most entertaining music. We loved our stay and will be sure to return when we are back in Dingle!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Grizwald_77
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Hideout Hostel in Dingle was in a very central location. It was clean and safe. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank sharon8876
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This was the best hostel we stayed at while in Ireland. It was within walking distance to a lot of pubs and in a safe area. The guy working for the proprieter knew where to go for different kinds of music, and told us that they sometimes turn people away who look like they are up to no-good, so it just reinforced the safety of the hostel all the more.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank deliriou599
Reviewed May 31, 2011

More like a B&B than a hostel. Very cute homely lounge area, and nice homestyle kitchen. The owner and his mum were very friendly and accomodating. My partner and I were deciding between a double or 4 share room, but were told that if we booked a 4 share we'd have the room to ourselves anyway. It was definately a welcome change from the usual loud, cold and dirty hostels. My only complaint was that the hot water ran out at the end of the night!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BridgetteBee
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The Hideout offers comfortable accommodation & friendy service at a good price. Only problem was with hot water for shower on my last morning. Dingle is a small town and the Hideout is pretty much central to everything. My room, as well as the common areas, were clean. There is free tea & coffee available. Free cereal & toast for breakfast. Micheal & Chuck are friendly hosts more than willing to offer suggestions on pubs, restaurants, tours, etc. I stayed two nights and will stay again if I make it back to Dingle.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo