“Great trip, but terrible customer service”
Review of Irish Adventures

Irish Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Irish Adventures offer Outdoor activities, including Sea-Kayaking trips, sunset kayak trips, half and full day, Rock climbing abseiling / rappeling, Guided Hiking/Mountaineering. Kayak with Fungi Enjoy a half-day's sea kayaking in Dingle Harbour, see Fungi the Dolphin at the mouth of the harbour and explore some the many sea caves. This trip is available to all, beginners to advanced paddlers, not very strenuous but a great trip to introduce you to sea kayaking, covers basic kayak skills. Times: 09.30 to 12.30 and 2.00 to 5.00 Sunset Sea-Kayaking Experience the peaceful waters of Dingle harbour and Dingle Bay at its most tranquil hours. These trips also visit Fungi and sea caves. This trip is available to all, beginners to advanced paddlers, not very strenuous but a great trip to introduce you to sea kayaking, covers basic kayak skills. Times on dependent on time of sunset
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a very enjoyable evening kayak trip. The guide instructed us well and it was a great time exploring some of the sea caves. We even got to see Fungie the dolphin, as well as some seals. However, we were told not to bring our cameras as the guide would be taking pictures and the photos would be emailed to us. A month later and still no photos and no responses from Irish Adventures. I emailed about a week after the trip to inquire. A week later I was told to expect them soon. Another week later we got photos, but they were not of me or my group. I emailed to follow up and again and they just don't respond. My friends who were on the trip are having the same bad luck with them, too. It's unfortunate, because we could have brought our cameras in waterproof bags and we would have had great memories of our kayaking trip.

2  Thank Ryan K
"memory stick"
in 7 reviews
"tour boats"

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I took the morning kayaking tour in Dingle (9:30 - 12:30ish). It was a beautiful day and the views were breathtaking!!! It was a great way to see the town of Dingle from the harbor along with AMAZING cliffs and caves! I'm always nervous before things like this but the guides were very thorough and explained everything you needed to know. They help you adjust your kayak before you use it. They give you the option of a double kayak but I'm glad we got our own single kayaks (neither of us is in amazing physical shape) but it was a more exciting experience and the kayaking was a nice work out but not challenging. While we were out, we saw the Fungi chasing boat and we were so glad that we did this tour instead - I feel bad that Fungi gets chased by a huge speedboat every day. We had a great view of Fungi from our kayaks. This tour is a much better way to experience beautiful Dingle Bay. I also apparently had a very rare experience - I saw a fin about 5 feet from my kayak and was very excited because I thought it was a dolphin. After several sightings, we started to notice that the fin seemed awfully dark for a dolphin. Our guide (Peter) bravely kayaked over to it and confirmed that it was a blasket shark (probably 18 ft long) and that it was extremely rare for them to be in that location. Please don't let this deter you - I'm scared of pretty much everything and I felt very safe in my kayak with our guide. This tour was the highlight of our Ireland trip and a memory we will cherish forever!!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Best ever according to two teenagers! Absolutely no worries Noel and crew looked after everything. And I mean everything even sunblock! Highly recommended. Ps Duncan is kayaking everyday here going to be better than his sister next time!! Seriously thanks again guys and gal really made our trip to Dingle!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a great time. It was our first time trying the kayaking and never had so much fun. The staff were great so friendly and helpful. When we arrived we were set up with the gear straight away (a dry wetsuit, shoes, hat and even sunblock). We thought the kayaks would be hard on our backs but had proper setting and were very comfy. Paudie was great. He told us all we needed to know. He was very chatty and friendly and took us out exploring the caves. We got a great view of Fungi and had so much fun. Definitely going again next year! See ye then lads! Thanks!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went on a morning tour. Great adventure. Noel was great. He took the time to be sure we were comfortable with our gear and kayaking skills before adventuring out of the peninsula. All equipment was in great shape from the kayaks to the wet suits and preservers. We really appreciated the photos that Noel took of our adventure that were forwarded to us after our trip. Did not see Fungi as there was too much competition from the motorized tour boats but didn't mind not seeing this famous Dingle resident as the kayaking and scenery were enough for us. Tip, think twice before doing this adventure if it is windy. It will take a lot of strength and stamina to complete in windy conditions.