“Great little place”

Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I walked up Green Street, away from the touristy center of Dingle town to find this little restaurant. I didn't want to go to the tourist restaurants for lunch. I was lucky to have gotten a table and it was right next to the peat fireplace, which was cozy and warm. The restaurant was filled with locals - a good sign. I ordered the Irish (lamb) stew. It was very good and reasonably priced. A pitcher of water had mint leaves in it which made the water very good (not minty.) The dessert items seemed very popular, although I had no room for dessert. Service was good and friendly. I would definitely go back if I visited Dingle again. If you found my review helpful, please click on "yes." Thanks.
www.thegardencafedingle.eu

1  Thank kitchenchemist

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a very charming cafe, friendly staff and good atmosphere, it was lovely to sit by the open turf fire on a cold January day. I decided to try the special 'Dingle Dog' which consists of locally made lamb sausages, carmelised onions, a roll and salad for 7.20Euro. The sausages were microwaved and I got only a tea spoon of onions, I didn't want the roll so asked for extra salad and it was just aswell I did! I did enjoy the gluten free orange and almond cake. My husband had watery soup but enjoyed his open sandwich with home cooked ham.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I bought our picnic food here most days of the week during a visit with my son. The service was good on our visits,though it was very busy. We could have any variation off the menu and the quality and value for money were great. We'd go back.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

i've been a few dozen times mostly alone just for food and a read of the paper or just to relax. i'm addicted to the omlettes just cant help myself!..it's a fantastic cafe, i love the fact that even when i visited with 4 friends in the summer and it was crazy busy but the staff try really hard and your never waiting long. i love the garden, despite our awful summer i was there a few days in summer. all in all a great place. :)

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

When I saw this cafe I thought "wow! This is my dream tea shop!" it has so much potential, everything is there for it, local, quaint, pretty furniture and home made treats. However, chipped china cups and hard seats with no cushions aren't part of the dream. Nor are microwaved stale scones and small portions of lunches. With a bit of effort on the food & a few more comforts this place could be magic!

1  Thank deeedeee17