An Canteen
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I were on a 3 week trip in Great Britain that took us from London, up through Scotland, and down through Ireland. We ate out every meal with the exception of breakfast.

Located in an alley and run by two brothers we thought this was a great find. Beware they only accept cash, no credit cards. We had Hake and braised beef. Both dishes were excellent. Kind of like home cooking with flair. Very reasonably priced. Would definitely return if I ever make it back to Dingle.

2  Thank Mike_in_Tampa

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We loved An Canteen. We are from the US, stayed outside of Dingle in a lovely home overlooking the ocean. The mom we rented from suggested we try her son's restaurant. We did, and we loved the meal so much we came back for a second time. Six of us were very please. The staff is wonderful and the food is delicious.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to use but I did not feel that the meal was that great. The fish, soup and stews were average quality. Maybe we caught it on a bad night because I don't agree with the tripadvisor rating on this one. We also found it very noisy.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

we left the kids at the hotel and we had a great dinner here , we had lovely lamb ,and my husband tried there lovely selection of beers ,would highly recommend ,

1  Thank jesssi d
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a very small, but popular restaurant in Dingle. The food was very good and they have a selection of bottled Irish "microbrews" if that interests you. We walked in and we were able to get a seat after about 15 mins, but I would recommend reservations.

2  Thank ATL-travel71