“A highlight of our trip to Ireland”
Review of Dingle Tours

Dingle Tours
Ranked #8 of 29 Tours in Dingle
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Diarmuid Begley is knowledgeable and passionate about the Dingle Peninsula. He seems to love what he does, and conveys a warm personal attachment to his subject matter, which becomes positively infectious. We were haunted for days after his tour by the sights he showed us, and the accompanying narrative. He is also an honest tour guide - and will charge only what is fair, and not a dime more. He is one of a kind.

1  Thank Ted006
in 2 reviews
"info"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We recently booked Denis for a 5 hour tour of Slea Head drive and the sacred sites of the Dingle Peninsula. Denis accommodated his tour to our particular requests and interests, and filled the better part of a day with off the beaten path antiquities, graveyards, sacred wells, and ring forts that we would have driven by on our own unnoticed. Denis is personable, extremely knowledgeable, and offers a great value.
I highly recommend Denis as tour guide for the Dingle Peninsula.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Touring with Denis Ryan is like touring with your Irish friend. What a great guy! His knowledge of the history and archeology of the region is that of an academic but you never feel like you're hearing a canned lecture. My wife and I saw things I didn't expect. (Surfing, in Ireland!) We saw things I never heard of (Ogham stones, for example). And we learned more about the history of the Irish than I ever did in school. I enjoyed hearing about his musical career and we swapped opinions about who was better, the Beatles or the Stones (we're both Stones fans by the way). The Dingle Peninsula is one of the prettiest places on earth and a great place for an amateur photographer like me to get some great pictures. My wife and I both recommending touring with Denis.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I engaged Denis Ryan (Dingle Tours) after viewing his website and reading the reviews here. We were looking for someone to drive us on a personal tour that included not only the scenic stops but to learn about the people, history, archeology, and architecture of the Dingle area. Denis could not have done better by us. He has encyclopedic knowledge of all of the above, shared in an interesting, personable and heartfelt manner. We also enjoyed discussing Irish music and hearing about his music career. Being a local, he was an excellent driver on the very narrow, winding roads. We were treated to an experience we would never have had on a bus tour. We highly recommend touring the Dingle area with Denis.