“Truely a home from home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Dingle's First Cottage by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Dingle
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I spent three nights here with my fiancee over the New Year and I cannot express enough thanks to Julie and Joe, what gracious hosts who made us both feel so welcome, the kids were great and they even cooked up some special seaweed and honey remedy for my cold! The room was lovely, bright and clean, immaculate in fact. The price was really reasonable, especially with the mammoth breakfasts you get cooked for you the next morning, wow, you don't need lunch again after that!!

The location is second to none, you are minutes from the town centre and have a lovely view out over the bay. As we will be returning to Dingle this year to get married, I will be recommending Dingle's First Cottage by the Sea to my guests.

Room Tip: Room one and Room two have views out over the harbour.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rowena F

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I almost don't want to give a good review so I won't have trouble booking it next time. But Julie and joe were just the best. We visited in october of 2010. Beautiful location, right on the water, very clean and homey. It was our first stop on our honeymoon in Ireland and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Julie pulled out a little map and drew us a rout for the best food and pubs. Joe and my husband had a great chat about fishing and made us feel very welcome. Can't wait to visit next year!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JulieMartin86
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had the opportunity to spend two nights with Joe and Julie. The accommodations were lovely and was located close to many of the pubs and restaurants. We were made to feel welcomed. We had a great view of the bay from our room.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank beachtravelguy
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Julie and Joe are just amazing and kind hosts. It is a lovely place and I had a view from the sea from my room. They gave advice on where to eat and what to see. Close to the center too. The room was clean and warm and the bed comfortable. It was not cheap as they did not have a single room anymore but definitely worth it. Joe parked at the back oft he house form e and Julie waved me goodbye.
I got this amazing fresh Vegetarian breakfast with porridge, joghurt, fruit salad, nuts, dried fruit, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, grapefruit and toast so I could take some with me for lunch.
I talked a long time with Julie during breakfast. If I ever visist Dingle again I defenitely would want to go there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just one night in Dingle is not enough - but touring the West Coast of Ireland keeps you on the move. It was tempting to stay in Dingle more than our planned one day/night, because of two main reasons :
1) We saw Fungi the dolphin ! A well spent 16 Euros for over an hour hunting, spotting & excitement.
2) Staying at the "First Cottage", Room 2 - what a fantastic view ! And what a fantastic family who own this B&B !! The place was in a superb position. It was clean & nicely decorated. Joe, Julie & their children went that extra mile to make this place special. Highly recommended & we'd love to go back again.

Room Tip: Room 2 has a great view. Has twin beds.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank annyuk
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Dingles first is located a very short walk to town center right on the water front. Our accommodations were clean, spacious ,comfortable  with beautiful views to the bay. Joe & Juli and family are the ultimate of warm, friendly and gracious hosts, we felt more like friends visiting rather than traveling guests imposing. This is why we chose to stay after reading many similar reviews. Breakfast every morning was excellent, enough on my plate for two people and why We never needed lunch afterward. Next time We are in Dingle I want to just hang with J&J, relax and skip the sight seeing. Thanks for helping make our trip memorable!

Room Tip: Book ahead and ask for a room with the bay view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelinChris2015
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Julie and Joe were great hosts. We had a lovely room with a view of the marina. Julie knows a lot about the area and Ireland in general. She gave us some great tips that brought us to some of the most beautiful places we had ever seen. Dingle is a really neat town and the Dingle Peninsula simply cannot be missed during a trip to Ireland!! Book with Julie and Joe and you will be happy you did!!

• Stayed: July 2012