“Cozy pub with good food”
Review of John Benny's Pub

John Benny's Pub
Ranked #13 of 77 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had two meals here during our recent stay in Dingle. The inside is very cozy. Service was efficient, and the food was good, honest Irish fare. Prices were reasonable. We were there for music one of the nights and the place was packed and had a great vibe.

1  Thank Jenn G

Reviewed March 10, 2013

What a friendly atmosphere and such excellent food. The fresh fish was perfectly cooked. The chips were real (none of your mass produced stuff). The desserts were divine. I am compelled to award this place my highest and heartiest recommendation. If only all eating joints were so tuned in to customer needs. Thanks for a lovely evening from a photographer (and photographers) who have raved about the place ever since. We will be back.

2  Thank Powerpix
Reviewed March 3, 2013

During our Paddy wagon tour, we stopped off in Dingle for lunch.
We had a pint and a meal. My boring chips were yum and the others who ordered a real meal thoroughly enjoyed theirs - bangers and mash, steaks and whatever else they had.
The barman was really friendly and service was good.
The atmosphere was friendly and comfortable. Prices were average for a pub meals.

2  Thank Caitlin-Shaun
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've been going to this pub for years. My visit alone last week found the town very quiet before the annual walking festival began. I worried that I might for the first time be disappointed. Not a bit!

Numerous family holidays to Ireland when John Benny's is usually packed, always bring me back here. People know it's good. They've been before and the word gets around. The food is great for a pub and it's served by excellent staff who've worked here longer than the 15yrs I've been going there. The Guinness is good but you'd expect that. John Benny Morriarty is a charming and professional host who does a particularly good job of being relaxed under all circumstances as well as remembering people like me who arrive once a year.

My children adore this place. When they spill their drink for the umteenth time, Pat (charming barman par excellence) just smiles & says, "Oh come on, she didn't do it on purpose." Dingle is a superb location, that's no secret, but if you want a reliable place to relax or to see excellent live music (JB is himself a good musician with a lovely trad' Irish voice) such as the group Lumiere, then look no further.

2  Thank Donsafe
Reviewed February 18, 2013

On a recent short trip to Dingle with friends , we ate at John Benny s pub. I was told by the barman that all the fish they serve is freshly caught locally . What they catch they cook ! I opted for fresh haddock , chips and peas . WOW ! It was really delicious and was served quickly and it was piping hot . It was as it was described fresh and cooked simply with nice peas , no mint hurrah, and chunky fluffy chips . Don't change a thing , it was delicious !

1  Thank Kaye252