“Devine”

Ashe's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 81 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ashe's Bar & Seafood Restauarant, is owned & run by Thomas Ashe & Sinead Roche. The bar has been in the Ashe family for over 165 years. Using local fresh ingredients, Seafood & Lobster a speciality, we have created a menu to suit all appetites & price ranges. We serve lunch daily 12-3pm, & Dinner nightly 5.30-9.30. We offer a keenly priced early-bird menu, a kid's menu & an extensive a la carte. An Extensive wine list & local hand crafted beer, along with a full bar is also available. A must is our famous seafood chowder mentioned in many guide books, incl, Rick steve's, lonely planet, formmers to mention a few.
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

once again we are here in Dingle for paddy’s weekend . We, like last year are in Ashes. It did not disappoint. myself and 5 friends dined and absolutely loved the food . The black sole is to die for , after lobster last year I thought nothing could trump it , I was wrong . The black sole was Devine as was the hake . I love this restaurant and can’t recommend it enough. Staff are as brilliant as before and the atmosphere is relaxed . We look forward to next paddy’s weekend 2020. This place is a must when in Dingle . They even provided candles for my friends birthday cake ❤️

Reviewed March 15, 2019

We stayed in the room above the restaurant and had both breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. The menu is creative and food is delicious and the service was top notch. Thank you!

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

The benefit of the sitting in the off-season is the ability to walk into a restaurant and immediately find a table. I’m sure that once the tourist season starts this place will be packed! My husband, my sons and I went here for dinner on the suggestion of our tour guide. The food was quite good (I had the filet as I don’t eat fish) but everyone else in my party had the fish and the seafood and found it to be quite good. For dessert, we had the sticky toffee pudding and ice cream and it was also very good. Our server was friendly and pleasant and offered suggestions when we requested them. We would definitely return here next time we visit Dingle.

Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

So they advertise lobster, have one painted on the window. Been by 3 times and no lobster everytime. Pretty frustrating. They aren’t alone: about 3 other restaurants in Dingle advertise lobster (either on thier window or on a sign) yet don’t serve it. Dingle and Ashes could do with some honesty in thier advertising instead of wasting people’s time.

Date of visit: March 2019
ashesbar, Owner at Ashe's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2019

Thank you for the review!! Unfortunately you are mistaken, We don’t have lobster on our menus at present, as our lobster fisherman has not put his pots out yet. But Yes , you are correct , that there is a mural on the front window of seafood & shellfish ( thank you Elouise Flannery Artist) that we serve when available. It is a piece of art , not advertising! There is also a sign on the window stating ‘Always local, always fresh’ . The Lobster season is usually ( obviously weather permitting) end March - early October. As soon as we have Lobster available, you are welcome to come back and have the biggest one from our tank. On the day you dined with us, we had plenty of other seafood options available. I’m sorry Dingle was such a disappointment for you, in your search for Lobster. Yet we are the only restaurant to receive a review for not having Lobster available?
There’s a pub up the street, that has a picture of a leprechaun outside, I wonder would you expect to meet him if you had a drink there?!!

Reviewed March 2, 2019

My wife and I enjoyed the pecan encrusted hake our first night in Dingle. The food was excellent. Really enjoyed our visit.

Date of visit: February 2019