“Excellent Dinner in Dingle”

Out of the Blue Seafood
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Seafood Only Restaurant, perfectly situated on the harbour in Dingle. Pretty fine, interesting, colourful, fun and fresh dining for a Shack !
Norfolk, Virginia
“Excellent Dinner in Dingle”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Out of the Blue came highly recommended by a friend who ate there last year. She was right -- seafood doesn't get any fresher or better than this. We enjoyed turbot with mussels, fish chowder and haddock.

The restaurant looks pretty basic outside, but is really nice inside. Service was good. There are early bird specials. Reservations are highly recommended.

• Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Loved our Dinner and the "ambiance"!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a superb dinner at Out of the Blue and we are big seafood lovers so can be pretty fussy. First, we liked the room---big and open yet since it is an old building lots of atmosphere, very nice without being at all pretentious, good and helpful waitstaff who knew their fish and their wine. Shared and out-of the world squid appetizer, John Dory and Black Sole for mains. Just a great night and great meal---and an easy walk from our B and B!

• Visited October 2013
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
“High falutin' but good eatin'”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were told this was the best place in town for seafood. What we ordered was quite good, they promise only the freshest fish and I'd agree that it is. Smaller portions, dressed nicely and high priced. This would be the spot to have that night that's the special "dress up and go all out". They only have bottled beers, but evidently a good selection of fine wines. Not somewhere I would go back, but that's just because of my tastes, for what it is it's great.

• Visited October 2013
Ripponden, United Kingdom
“Fish haven”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A fish only restaurant, expensive but worth the cost. I had butterfly prawns, followed by scallops, they were cooked to perfection. My one complaint was the accompaniments with the scallops were spicy. To me it spoiled the delicate taste of the fish. They were also served with the Sea Bass, my husband said the same. Wouldn't stop us going again.

Visited October 2013
“A perfect way to end our time in Ireland”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband spotted OOTB as soon as we parked in the municipal parking lot at the docks across the street from it. He said, " we're going there"....I am not usually the biggest seafood fan, but I was curious, too. We went, we ate, it was delicious. The service was laid back and some of the friendliest we experienced on our two week trip. I loved how they brought chalkboards to the table with our dinner options instead of having a paper menu (just a little something different). I had the delicious pollock with a crispy potato crust. My husband had fish stew, and we shared the chili squid. We had lovely, rich desserts as well, and usually that's my favorite part. Not that night, though! I loved my fish dinner, and never thought I'd hear myself say such a thing!