“Excellent spot for the seafood lover!”

Out of the Blue Seafood
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Seafood Only Restaurant, perfectly situated on the harbour in Dingle. Pretty fine, interesting, colourful, fun and fresh dining for a Shack !
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I really waffled between 3 and 4 stars on this one, so technically, I'd give 3.5 stars. We got a reservation for Sunday night and were seated at a very small table for a group of 6. Moreover, the restaurant was super hot (despite being cool outside) so we sweated most of the meal (as did the patrons around us). We were quite uncomfortable, which definitely affected our dining experience. I should note that I was freezing most of the time I was in Ireland, so the fact that I was burning up and still remember it weeks later is noteworthy.

The mackerel mousse has to be a dare of some sort. Yowsa - gross!

Prices were extremely expensive, but I expected to pay that for some of the freshest seafood in Ireland. I have to say that my food was delicious! Hubby and I split the crab bisque plus yummy grilled scallops. It was plenty of food for two people and I'm really glad we shared. I also had a taste of the mussels, which were plump, juicy, and delicious.

Unfortunately, our service was some of the worst we had in Ireland - messed up orders, missing silverware (that took a long time to get replaced), etc. I'm not really sure what was going on, but it just seemed off service-wise that night.

I really enjoyed the food, but the cramped quarters, hot temperatures, and poor service would make me think twice about patroning it over some of the other awesome restaurants in Dingle....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,602)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My brother and I reserved a table here hearing that it has some of the best seafood in Ireland. Being both foodies we didn't want to visit Dingle and miss out and were not disappointed! The menu changes to meet the days fresh catches and we enjoyed a warm crab laws with smoked salmon and garlic cream, and squid stuffed with cream cheese, sun dried tomato and basil for our starters and then pan seared scallops for mains and Lobster. All were exceptional! Highlight was possibly the squid and scallops. All meals were original and the flavours worked well to enhance the feature of the dish. Price is higher than average, but I think it is well worth the treat! The service must also be mentioned, very warm and welcoming, attentive but not over bearing. The waitress also allowed us a photo with out lobster between being taking from the tank to its inevitable end in the kitchen. Amazing all round, highly recommend.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Busy, noisy and crowded but good food and friendly service. Not cheap! This may well be the best food available in Dingle - a tourist town where prices are generally high and standards not quite so - so you will need to make a reservation unless it is out of season.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We are seafood lovers and based on the reviews were expecting much more than what this restaurant delivers. Nothing creative, rather bland, and average at best. Also, wine only option is a drag. Much better choices in town. Global Village is an excellent choice.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you want to treat yourself to a wonderful (not cheap) dinner while in Ireland...do it here. Menu is different every day and your sides are somewhat of a surprise - everyone at the table had different ones. The chargrilled squid stuffed with feta/sundried tomatoes appetizer that we shared was one of the best seafood dishes I've had - I wished that I had ordered it all for myself. Definitely make reservations.