“More upscale than it looks from outside”

Out of the Blue Seafood
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Seafood Only Restaurant, perfectly situated on the harbour in Dingle. Pretty fine, interesting, colourful, fun and fresh dining for a Shack !
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Food was terrific - they only use the freshest seafood. The presentation was amazing - unexpected and very nicely done.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,600)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Never judge a book by its cover. Outside it looks like a Crab Shack out of a cartoon...but I am told that it's a listed building. Inside the team know exactly what they are doing...and they do it superbly!
Specialising only in seafood, 'Out of the Blue' uses its position on the harbour front to great advantage, it's fish is definitely fresh daily and has a tankful of crustaceans to choose from.
Service is friendly, presentation is exquisite and taste is....well, has to be tasted to fully appreciate this recommendation.
The menu is subject to what the fishermen catch, so changes frequently and it's presented via a blackboard. John Dory was available amongst the choices for our visit so we took the opportunity and my wife and I both selected it. Simply delicious, presented with Spanish style Gambas and some assorted grilled vegetables. All beautifully presented on the plate.
It is a small restaurant, was full when we dined and the atmosphere was buzzing. Reservations are a must do.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Out of the Blue was one of the best restaurants we ate at in Ireland. I highly recommend it. Please make sure you make reservations as it is small. Their seafood is so fresh and presentation is gorgeous.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Another reviewer compared it to the Boston chain sea food restaurants. Out of the Blue is out of sight compared to Boston's Legal. The freshest fish I have every had and I have eaten in many ocean based restaurants. The menu is presented on a blackboard and only fish that was just caught is served. The seafood chowder was full of various fresh fish with a light cream sauce and pieces of fennel. I oohed and awed with every bite. An excellent wine list with mid range wines that outshine their mor expensive siblings. The main course waa truly superb. Freshest fish with a background tastes that linger. There were four spoon size sides varying from shredded carrots, tapenade and other delicate tasties. Their vegetables were grilled to perfection and exploding with delicate flavors. My wife and I rated this in the top ten meals we have ever had. Compliments to the chef and wait staff. I wish I could go back and back and back.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were in Dingle for a bank holiday, and were able to dine at Sunday lunch. The menu changes daily, and we just took the advise of the server, who did not lead us wrong. (The plaice was to die for.) Glad we had a chance to eat here!