“Fresh and Creative”

Ranked #4 of 79 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Seafood Only Restaurant, perfectly situated on the harbour in Dingle. Pretty fine, interesting, colourful, fun and fresh dining for a Shack !
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Combine the freshness of this seafood only restaurant, friendliness of the staff and the price to get this five star rating. Not a French fry or burger in site. Loved the interaction with others dining near us. A very enjoyable and tasty experience.

Date of visit: April 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very extensive range of seafood, all fresh and delightfully presented. Would thoroughly recommend it if in the area but you must book.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant arguably offers the best seafood in Dingle. We could not avail of Sole on the bone as they had sold out so we had squid which was delightful (and cooked perfectly, which is a relief in a world of rubbery calamari!). We followed with the langoustine which was tricky with fingers sore from the Play at Height climbing wall which came before, but nevertheless delicate and scrumptious. I just love this restaurant with its intimate layout and top of the range seafood. When I say intimate - all three of the tables in my section ended up sharing a conversation and wine and musing about where to lead our palates next, smile!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Rolled up without a booking around 8.45pm luckily they got us a table for 9.15pm, a quick drink later and our table was ready.

No shortage of bread to start, and a top up offered (not accepted :-)).

The starter (warm mackerel salad & flash fried squid and garlic) were superb, I am not a fish lover but my wife is and we both loved the starter.

The main course (pan seared scallops & hake) , my wife loved the scallops while I struggled with the hake (from my limited knowledge of fish and some T.V cooking shows, I think the hake was stored/soaked in milk prior to cooking which I could taste).

Overall excellent food I would recommend it for fish lovers.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our guesthouse recommended OOTB for dinner and when we came upon it we were really unsure at first. From the outside the place really looks like a shack. Nonetheless we went in and found a really quirky interior which we really liked. The place was busy enough so we were asked to come back in 20 mins for a table. After a quick pint in the pub next door we came back and had a great meal. It really is a fish/ seafood joint with nothing else on the menu. Even though I'm not the biggest seafood lover I still found a lovely starter and main thanks to advice from our waitress. 3 courses for 2 people and a bottle of wine cost over €100 but I think you're unlikely to get a decent meal for any cheaper around Dingle. The staff were lovely and friendly, helping us in our choice of meal and even recommending where to head afterwards for a few pints.