“Unbelievable flavours & food”
Review of The Global Village

The Global Village
Ranked #6 of 77 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Modern methods, touched by tradition, bring the purest local ingredients to life in a harmony of taste and tone. The kitchen is the centre of our creation, bringing together the classic and the modern to craft the tastes of today. Our restaurant is warm, relaxed and welcoming.
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I've never had scallops so buttery and melt in your mouth. The duck pâté and confit dish was to die for. And the desserts were an explosion of complementary flavours.

From the outside, it doesn't look like much, but don't let it fool you. Every night is busy so make a reservation!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived early so we could do their happy hour menu and then attend a nearby concert. In all, everything about the meal was perfect. The only thing was that the service wasn't nearly as friendly as some of the other places we went in Ireland (we heard from the girl who worked at our b&b, whose boyfriend had once worked at this restaurant that the owner works in the restaurant and is very stern with employees). Still, the service was still good (people just didn't seem as naturally friendly as some other restaurants) and the food was some of the best we had during our entire trip there. The happy hour menu was an excellent value and allows you to take in some of the local music afterwards.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We dined here on honeymoon in August 2013 and had an absolutely excellent meal. My wife had lobster with scallops and I had the lamb - both main courses were very good; delicate and well-presented and not overcooked. It was the dessert that really stood out though - I can't remember the name of it, but it included a stewed rhubarb which was absolutely incredible. You're probably reading this thinking "meh, stewed rhubarb, how good could it be?"... well you'd be wrong. This rhubarb single-handedly made my entire day, and my wife's too. We're still talking about that rhubarb weeks later. We bought some rhubarb so that we could make a vain attempt at recreating that amazing rhubarby goodness, but I have my doubts. Seriously, wherever you live in the world, just get yourself down to Dingle in the Republic of Ireland, and get a table at this place, skip starters and mains and just have the rhubarb. Om nom nom.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Probably our best meal of our trip this summer. The place was packed so we had to reserve a table. Service was top notch with a lovely mix of friendly, attentive and efficient. I had a crab parfait to start, my wife had a tasty goats cheese salad with beetroot and pesto. She then had a wonderful piece of fillet beef and I had really fresh turbot. We shared a plate of Irish cheeses afterwards. I cannot recommend this place too highly if you want a really special meal.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had the fillet of beef, K had the scallops. Great meals, good wine selection, and home made ice cream for dessert. The service was very friendly and attentive. Prices were fair for quality fare. Would give it a 4.5 if I could....