“LOVE Watersedge Guesthouse!”

Ranked #16 of 60 Kenmare B&B and Inns
St. Louis MO
“LOVE Watersedge Guesthouse!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Of our 7 day stay in South Ireland, Watersedge was our favorite place! Noreen could not have been any sweeter. The town is just a 10 minute walk from the driveway. Breakfast was wonderful. My daughter and I had the home smoked salmon, AMAZING! You can tell that the owner takes great pride in the home and hosting guests! We would highly recommend this location and I would go back!

• Stayed June 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at Watersedge. Beautiful location, great host and breakfast and comfortable room. Would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Kenmare. Not right in town but close enough you could walk if you wanted. Free parkkng by the church in Kenmare made parking easy.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Corona, California
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This B&B is a little outside of town, but you can walk to city center within 5-10 minutes. The owners are wonderful and welcoming and has a view of the river. The breakfast was delicious and traditional. The B&B is clean but is showing a little wear. If you're not interested in an expensive Boutique Hotel, then this is a great place to stay. The town of Kenmare is a must see on your travels through Ireland, it is known for its Irish Lace an Linen. I will definitely stay there again when I stop in Kenmare!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed for just one night. Hostess was friendly. The cooked breakfast wasn't the best and options are limited. The shower lost pressure when someone else was using the water and towels wouldn't fit round a barbie doll. Having said all that the town is lovely and the view that we woke up to made up for the shortcomings .

• Stayed April 2014
251sammy, Owner at Watersedge Kenmare, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
I would like first to thank these guests for leaving a review, as it is very helpful to other people who are planning their trip to Ireland. I would like to assure future visitors to Watersedge that I provide 3 towels per person: 1 bath towel, 1 hand towel and 1 face cloth (these are standard size). Also I would like to say that I have a variety of dishes to choose from on the breakfast menu, the menu can be viewed on watersedgekenmare.com web site.or on the discover Ireland site.We are a 4* bed and breakfast inspected and approved by Failte Ireland (Tourism Standards Assessments). The details I have mentioned above are mandatory, to be passed by this inspection. Many thanks to trip advisor for giving me this oportunity to respond.
Kind regards
Noreen
Watersedge
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Watersedge is a beautiful place to stay. From our room we had a view of the mountains on the ring of kerry. The beds were just as comfortable as my own and the place was spotless. Noreen and her dog gypsy were wonderful! If I ever go back to Ireland I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My daughter and I recently had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at Watersedge. Noreen is one of the best people I've met in my life. We had a beautiful vacation in Ireland for 2 weeks and our only regret is that we did not book the Watersedge B&B the entire week we were in that part of the country, this being our first trip to Ireland, we just didn't know. From the beautiful, extremely comfortable room over looking the lake, the excellent breakfast, meeting and talking with Noreen, to the videos and books available when we came in at night, tired and just wanted to relax. Out of 8 accommodations for our 2 week visit to Ireland, Watersedge was the best by far, 3000 miles away from home, and yet feeling truly at home at Watersedge. Kenmare and Watersedge would absolutely be a longer stay for us if returning to Ireland. And location is perfect for the Ring of Beara and the Ring of Kerry, Blarney castle, Kinsale, Cohb, and Cork on day trips. I just can not say enough about The Watersedge B&B. Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Michigan
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Noreen was kind enough to accommodate us even though she was technically closed for the season! We had a beautiful room looking out over the water and mountains, absolutely gorgeous. Food was delicious and Noreen was incredibly sweet. Best shower I had the entire trip, very clean and well-appointed rooms. Highly recommend this b&b!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family