“Best Service Ever”

Ranked #8 of 61 Kenmare B&B and Inns
gaelicgirl1
“Best Service Ever”
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We recently stayed in Davitts and couldn't have been more pleased. This is our third trip to Ireland and have stayed in many B&Bs and this far surpassed everything we have seen. The rooms were up to date and clean with beautiful bedding. The service was out of this world. Mary, who runs the hotel, was unbelievable. She truly forsees your every need. She is at breakfast every morning just overflowing with cheer and GREAT local information. It's also the only place we have ever stayed with an included breakfast that was so extensive. The other servers were also excellent. We are returning to Ireland in two years and there is no way we would not be repeat customers. Thanks Mary!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank gaelicgirl1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brighouse, West Yorkshire
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I can't fault this guest house. We've stayed here a few times over the years and would recommend it to anyone. We've taken friends out to lunch and dinner there, had our Irish relatives stay and also taken our son who is notoriously hard to please.

The food is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful. Read an earlier review which said none of the staff were locals. What a load of rubbish! As we've been staying for years we've got to know the staff and the owners, Mary and Donal. As far as I can tell 90% of the staff are locals. The one foreign national who works in the restaurant has been at Davitts for years now!

We love the west coast anyway but Kenmare is a haven for us and Davitts is our favourite place. It is just large enough to be informal and friendly but all your needs are catered for. The rooms are all bright and light and clean. The staff are nothing but helpful and the food is delicious. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank solarkate
dublin
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Went here with some friend.
Place full of party chicks, very loud non-stop.
Rooms very 1990's
Staff not very attentive and a lot not local so did not feel they could help with local knowledge
Price ok but would not stay there again as it is just a place for stag and hen parties
Food fine but could not hear myself speak due to non-stop chatter
Rooms ok but wall paper thin.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank squareshape
Davitts, Owner at Davitts Kenmare Guesthouse, responded to this review, June 2, 2009
Davitts is a family run Restaurant & Guesthouse & take pride in our service & good value. Our Guestrooms are let out only to individuals & not to Stag & Hen Parties, but we do welcome all types of parties in our Restaurant for dinner.. The same can be said of a lot of Restaurants in Kenmare particularly Saturday nights.
We are constantly updating & remodelling our rooms.
We are very proud of our excellent staff who have been with us for years all who are local with the exception of 2 & they have been with us a number of years also & know the local community
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay but you should have made it known so that we could have helped or even provided a discount.
We are not a 5 star hotel -we are what we are-
Good food,accommodation & good value in the centre of Kenmare.

Mary
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2009

The food here is affordable and very good! Must try it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gypsymoth05
Split, Croatia
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Everything was great about Davitt's - the location, the comfortable bed, the spacious room, very hot shower and the generous hot and cold breakfast. We were exhausted from driving most of the Ring of Kerry that day and needed a room that was quiet - we couldn't even hear the restaurant/bar downstairs nor any of our neighbours. It was just what we needed.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank orangemangosky
Boston
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I haven't stayed in Kenmare before - only at a B&B outside of town, because I thought staying in town would be noisy. I was pleasantly surprised with my stay in Davitts as the rooms are to the back of the guesthouse (which is on one of 2 main streets in town) so I heard nothing from the street. Check in & out was a breeze. The room was spacious and the bathroom of good size as well. Both rooms were spotless. The linens on the bed were so crisp and clean. The mattress was very firm and comfortable. I was surprised to find complimentary soap, shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. Plenty of hot water for the shower. Dinner downstairs in their restaurant was very nice - quite a varied menu, reasonable prices for Kenmare, a fire burning in the fireplace, candles on the tables, no television like there normally is by the bar!!!, relaxed atmosphere, and the waiter and waitress on staff were attentive, gracious and pleasant. I met Mary, the owner, at breakfast downstairs in the restaurant. and she never stopped smiling, There was plenty of choice for breakfast - cereals, yogurt, fruit, juice, baked goods and breads and of course, an irish breakfast with eggs cooked however I liked. Excellent experience and when I come back to Kenmare, I'll stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank LAMtravels
TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA
Reviewed May 1, 2009

For A Home Base when touring south Kerry and Cork this location is a prime hub for touring. The ring of Kerry, Killarney, the Gap of Dunloe, Sneem. the Black Valley, both the Beara and Dingle peninsulas, Macroom, Blarney Castle all are within reach for day trips. As for the accomidations, I have experienced none better unless it was at 3 or 4 times the cost. The Resturant on site is great and I eat there often even when staying with family in the next town when they can accomidate me. I can not say enough about the smily faces and friendly staff. Having referred many of my friends and family in the past, I have never gotten negative feedback. Say HI to Mary for me and tell her I said hello. John McCann Sulivan, Tallahassee,

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family